Return to Index  

Oh, I'm sure that's the reason but, still (ETA)

April 9 2012 at 1:57 PM
BBG  (Login biogal)

Response to A need to keep distance, perhaps?

It's just rude. She should have told the agency owner to convey to me that she was happy to help, but also at the same time, have told the agency to please not send her any more messages as she prefers no contact and no extra information on the outcome. That wouldn't be so difficult, and it would have been the polite, thoughtful thing to do while still protecting herself. If it's so upsetting that she can't even cope with acknowledging a thank you, then she probably should not have donated. She comes from a wealthy family that is close and generous so she didn't do it just for the money, which makes it even harder to understand her need to distance herself to such an extent that she can't even respond. Also, the agency owner told me she was happily planning a couple more donations in the near future so she couldn't have been riddled with regret or anything. I guess I should have kept it to something more like "thanks for the egglets! you're so awesome!" instead of getting so emotional. I must have freaked her out in some way.

ETA: btw, this gripe is in response to Renata's point that not only do we not take our donors for granted, we diligently tried to thank them and were hurt by not getting a response, that's how much it meant to us to make a connection. Even though my donor appeared to blow me off (I don't know how she actually felt or why she actually did not respond), I have no doubt that she is a lovely young woman with a good spirit, and I cannot even imagine her harboring the same sort of bitterness or resentments that this Lacey gal does. If I'm wrong about that, I hope I never find out.

This message has been edited by biogal on Apr 9, 2012 2:26 PM

Respond to this message   
Responses

1. Hurt feelings - Vianna on Apr 12, 2012, 4:19 PM
    1. Thanks Vianna - BBG on Apr 12, 2012, 4:36 PM
      1. I imagine she does - Vianna on Apr 12, 2012, 6:27 PM

Create your own forum at Network54
 Copyright © 1999-2014 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement