Return to Index  

Glad you brought this up

April 12 2012 at 1:59 PM
gr8tful1  (Login gr8tful1)

Response to What are your thoughts on "incompatible" parent-child pairs?

It not only makes me think about childhood issues, but also feelings with DS.

Growing up it was kind of a given that Dad liked my sister more than me and Mom liked me more than my sister. I was more like Mom and sister was more like Dad. it was hard, and continued to be as an adult. Both are deceased now and we all made our peace, but it is a struggle.

DS is from donated embryos, so any resemblance to either DH or I in terms of looks or personality is either epigenics or coincidence. Like you, DS preferred me until about 8 months of age. Since then, if Daddy is around, he wants Daddy. DH alternate three and four twelve hour days at work and has a 1 1/2 hour drive to work. So, for 3-4 days a week I am the only one with DS. Even on DH's days off, I do much of the care-giving. So, I like to think that he just misses his daddy and takes me for granted. I do think that is a lot of it. He is very loving to me when it is just the two of us, and very loving even when Daddy is home, although his preference is Daddy. Also, like yours, he is very active and quite needy...I wonder if this stems from the reflux that all three of ours have suffered. Caring for him can be very draining and I'm afraid that I don't always hide my frustration. Because DH is with him less, and does much less for him (I do all the feeding, clean up, taking him out, etc...) there is much less to get frustrated at. Also, DH has more time to play and be happy-go-lucky with him. I tend towards a serious personality anyway, and am easily stressed, and with so much to do and so little time, and health issues still to contend with, it is easy to see why LG might prefer to be with Daddy. But, it hurts all the same. When he gets a boo boo it is Daddy he wants, if Daddy is home.

LG is calling. Thanks for bringing this up!

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Respond to this message   
Responses

1. Yes! This is exactly like my situation. - BBG on Apr 12, 2012, 2:24 PM
    1. are we related? Cloned? :) - gr8tful1 on Apr 12, 2012, 4:01 PM
      1. Haha! You got that right! - BBG on Apr 12, 2012, 4:23 PM
        1. I hear you! nt - gr8tful1 on Apr 13, 2012, 1:05 PM

Create your own forum at Network54
 Copyright © 1999-2014 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement