I'm totally out of answers to DS's questions!May 2 2012 at 5:52 PM
|Laura (Login LauraMaz)|
DS: Where was I before I was born? ME: in my tummy.
DS: Was I in your tummy when you and Daddy got married? Me: No, you were just a twinkle in my eye.
DS: When I was a "sprinkle" in your eye, did I make all your dreams come true? ME: ABSOLUTELY (I loved this one - but then things started to get difficult!).
DS: Was I a sprinkle in your eye when you were a kid?
This is where I began to run out of answers, and he seemed to be a bit panicked over where he was "before" - DS: Where was I? Was I alone? What was I doing?
For lack of a better response, I said that he was up in "heaven" waiting to be born. He wanted to know what "heaven" was and I didn't know how to explain. We're Jewish but not religious. I said that heaven was up in the sky. He panicked further about his potential role in storms and hurricanes.
What kind of response can I give to an almost 4 year old that explains a time before his existence, because that really seemed to be his concern - how could there be a time before ME?
- And on this, I still wonder how to explain to my kids where they spent 13.4 yrs! - BlessedThistle on May 2, 2012, 7:07 PM
- I"m looking forward to the answers on this post - THK on May 2, 2012, 10:17 PM
- What a smart boy you have! - thesameboat on May 2, 2012, 10:56 PM
- Oh, I like that - Laura on May 3, 2012, 3:43 AM
- Wow (OE child ment) - Renata on May 3, 2012, 6:45 AM
- Thanks for your input - Laura on May 3, 2012, 8:54 AM
- He was a special angel/fairy perhaps? - Pinkduck on May 3, 2012, 6:49 AM
- Well, honestly, that could explain a lot of things . . . - Maggie in VA on May 3, 2012, 9:50 AM
- We talk about heaven as - Tam on May 3, 2012, 4:02 PM
- Thanks for all your responses. - Laura on May 3, 2012, 4:17 PM
- Reminds me of a Zen koan - Jen in TN on May 4, 2012, 11:17 AM