Return to Index  

Add me to the club!

May 3 2012 at 4:26 PM
aussiehoneygirl  (Login aussiehoneygirl)

Response to Fire Breathing Dragon

Uggh. Yep I hear ya'! Add me to the club too. I'm 45, so pretty close in age to you. I am very intolerant of fools these days! I call myself 'Mama Bear' - because that's what I feel like. Big, grouchy, will put my cubs in their place if they annoy me... but by golly better not threaten to hurt my family or swipe my food - LOL! Much better this year but last year was HORRIBLE! I am normally a sweet, warm person but I let fly at a poor cabbie last year when he dared annoy me. I really do get you on the 0-2 second irritability thing.

Although I have suffered depression/anxiety in the past they put me on a different antidepressant about a year ago and boy it's made all the difference to the moods. Not nearly as irritable now. I might have 2 out of 7 easily irritated days a week whereas this time last year it was constant. I also have more energy now and feel my days are more profitable. Interestingly my Dr said that this med has shown great promise for women with mood disorders of perimenopause. It certainly has worked for me.

Do you also have the 'fun' menstrual symptoms.... flooding? irregular periods? spotting? I was taken to hospital by ambulance a couple of days ago because of prolonged flooding being so bad I actually fainted! (yes Maggie, I did end up getting a full period!). It's not always low estrogen. In the progression to menopause research shows that many of us will go through a high estrogen phase (this is what I believe I'm in) so more estrogen isn't always the answer. I know I've stopped ovulating regularly so the estrogen continues rising in the cycle.

After 'talking' with Maggie the other day online I'm going to have a chat to my Dr re some HRT.

From hearing your symptoms I would say that it is perimenopause. Have a chat to a caring OB about your symptoms and see what they recommend. Hope you feel better soon!

Respond to this message   
Responses

1. Thank you Aussiehoney! - Jordee on May 3, 2012, 5:58 PM
    1. HRT = hormone replacement therapy n/t - Anonymous on May 3, 2012, 6:04 PM
    2. Hey Jordee.... - aussiehoneygirl on May 5, 2012, 6:47 AM

Create your own forum at Network54
 Copyright © 1999-2014 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement