Return to Index  

Ego in the midst of severe exhaustion.

May 4 2012 at 7:58 PM
PAH  (Login peaceathome)

Somehow I feel like if I was in my 20s I could just cry freely, "I exhausted. This is so hard." But because I am in my 40s and this was a very clear deliberate choice to have kiddos I feel like I have to have a stiff upper lip. My little ten month old girl is sick and needed lots of love the last two days, but it is very hard to give her what she needs when there is another little ten month old boy who wants his mommy too. I called my mom today and just broke down saying how exhausted I was. She was so sweet, but I feel like embarrassed. Like I should be able to handle this with better mental health. A good night sleep would do wonders.

Moms with kiddos close in age how do you handle all the neediness. Even when I get one from the crib to take downstairs and the other one is crying it makes me feel guilty. My husband totally handles it in stride, but then again he doesn't have the 24/7 thing going on either. PAH

Respond to this message   
Responses

1. HI - Beachbaby on May 4, 8:04 PM
  3. Years ago I remember seeing a golden retriever mom...m - Hope2009 on May 4, 9:34 PM
    1. As usual... - Catmama on May 5, 8:07 AM

4. wow... - Aufrecht on May 4, 11:40 PM
  6. You deserve a break PAH - THK on May 5, 12:39 AM
  8. Twin mom here, nodding in agreement... - Catmama on May 5, 8:16 AM
  10. You are doing great - LadyMagoo on May 5, 9:44 AM
  12. You are all such special people. - PAH on May 5, 12:01 PM
    1. Another twin mommy nodding in agreement - BBG on May 5, 9:55 PM

13. I'm not handling it well! - Renata on May 6, 9:57 AM
  15. I'm sorry this is so hard -- it just is. - Maggie in VA on May 7, 9:02 AM
  17. That 1st year... - Dee S. on May 7, 6:03 PM
Create your own forum at Network54
 Copyright © 1999-2014 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement