Return to Index  

How it went on first day of day care, thanks for responses, lessons learned.

May 8 2012 at 7:17 AM
Maggie in VA  (Login maggie1961)

Hi, ladies, thanks for sharing with me some of your methods for coping with getting kids to day care. I guess I omitted that the day care will feed them breakfast; I mostly need something to tide them over till then. It would be really hard if they didn't serve breakfast, because the kids really don't want to eat much until about an hour, hour and a half, after waking up.

So, when I arrived at the church yesterday, I could hear Freddy screaming through the door. I rushed to the room when they buzzed me through, and he was in the arms of a day care worker having a full-tilt wobbly. The day care worker told me that he got upset when the other mommies started to arrive. Once we got home, Freddy wanted his daddy and I became chopped liver, so I indulged Bob in playing driver in the car for a few minutes, his new obsession.

And Freddy was clingy all night, sometimes grabbing my arm and pulling it around him. A bit after I got to bed -- too late again -- he woke up crying, so he slept with me last night.

Lesson learned: I took a tube of Balmex to the center as Bob is having another bout of bad diaper rash. When I arrived at the center that night, they handed me a form and said they couldn't apply it without a consent form. Non-prescription.diaper.rash.cream. Mercifully, his diaper rash had continued to heal and not gotten worse.

Lesson learned: I need to find out how to get magic marker off of skin, b/c Bob had liberally applied marker to his hands.

Thanks again,

Maggie (in VA)

Respond to this message   
Responses

1. Mine aren't great breakfast eaters first thing, either - Ariadne on May 8, 2012, 7:33 AM
  3. Re: How it went on first day of day care, thanks for responses, lessons learned. - minttea on May 8, 2012, 8:56 AM
  5. I hear you - Pinkduck on May 8, 2012, 9:41 AM
  7. What kind of breakfast? - BlessedThistle on May 8, 2012, 9:57 AM
    1. Thanks, they post the menu . . . - Maggie in VA on May 8, 2012, 10:32 AM

8. Hmm don't know if this is helpful - thesameboat on May 8, 2012, 2:03 PM
  10. About diaper rash - LadyMagoo on May 8, 2012, 4:06 PM
    1. Interesting . . . - Maggie in VA on May 10, 2012, 7:57 AM

Create your own forum at Network54
 Copyright © 1999-2014 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement