Return to Index  

any hr or lawyers that can speak in generalities

May 15 2012 at 4:54 PM
newbie  (Login foof225)

I really don't know where to turn so I thought I would post it here. I just got back to my job over a week ago. I was told today that my position is being absorbed by someone else. I know my job can't be fully absorbed by this individual but it will be with the help of someone who is a level below me (who I basically trained before I went out on leave).

There is a job I use to do open b/c they fired someone. They automatically thought I would take it but I came back and said, if I say no do I get severance? IE, laid off and collect unemployment. I am awaiting word what HR told my boss but I am afraid just a google is not helping me find any information. And, I can't really read cases tonight that would help me make a decision of what I should do.

I am not looking for grounds of suing or anything legal. I just don't want to be forced to take a job that I don't want to perhaps be a sahm and look for a better job.

I know state laws differ. I am just looking to where I can find information so I can better equip myself.

Respond to this message   
Responses

1. I only know very generally.... - Kenny on May 15, 8:04 PM
  3. very generally... - sas on May 16, 12:36 PM
    1. barge to sas..... - Bunnygal on May 16, 1:38 PM
      1. oooh!!! - sas on May 16, 2:38 PM
        1. thnx.......... - Bunnygal on May 16, 3:14 PM

Create your own forum at Network54
 Copyright © 1999-2014 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement