Return to Index  

Thanks for the reassurance... all is well.

May 21 2012 at 8:41 AM
Leigh  (Login leigh74)

I'm sorry I didn't get a chance to respond to everyone who wrote to reassure me and offer encouragement on my last post about the loss of our twin. I caught a stomach bug (or had food poisoning) this weekend and have been very ill - I'll spare you the gory details, but we almost went to the ER yesterday just to try and prevent major dehydration. I'm better today and can finally keep a few crackers down, which feels like a major accomplishment, but I've definitely lost a few more pounds. Needless to say, I've barely been able to function, much less look at a computer screen, but I wanted to say thank you to everyone who responded and assured me that everything I was feeling was perfectly normal.

The happy news is that we saw our little bean this morning and all is well! (S)he's growing like a weed and moving around like crazy - HR going about 167. The vanishing twin is shrinking, but still quite obvious, and I have to admit it's a little heartbreaking to see the fetal tissue decreasing in size. The bleed is still very evident around its gestational sac, so I continue to be on "pelvic rest" until it dissipates further (ugh!!). Thankfully, the two sacs are far apart and the bleed is concentrated around the one we lost. It's neat to finally see everything on an abdominal ultrasound instead of the transvaginal one - I am SO tired of those damn ultrasound wands!

Anyway, I'm rambling, but thank you again. This is such an amazing group of strong supportive women!
happy.gif Leigh

Respond to this message   
Responses

1. What a relief! - Renata on May 21, 9:24 AM
    1. Thank you, Renata! n/t - Leigh on May 21, 4:44 PM

2. Happy to see all is well with your bean! - Mrs. M on May 21, 9:45 AM
    1. Oh good! - Leigh on May 21, 11:02 AM

3. Wonderful! - M'liss on May 21, 11:15 AM
    1. Thanks, M'liss.. - Leigh on May 21, 4:46 PM

4. Good! - minttea on May 21, 1:12 PM
    1. thank you, minttea! - Leigh on May 21, 4:49 PM
      1. Re: thank you, minttea! - minttea on May 22, 7:58 AM

5. so happy to hear... - keifel on May 21, 1:37 PM
    1. thanks, keifel! n/t - Leigh on May 21, 4:46 PM

6. Such good news! - FL Gal on May 21, 7:33 PM
  8. So glad to hear! - Jen in TN on May 21, 8:16 PM
  10. glad to read this - demomone on May 22, 4:55 AM
  12. Great news - Dixiechic on May 22, 6:40 AM
  14. So happy to hear this news - Christine on May 22, 3:40 PM
Create your own forum at Network54
 Copyright © 1999-2014 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement