Definitely no medical schools here or anywhere near. I do trust my ob/gyn. (Except on HRT - for that I do want to look elsewhere.) To be honest, it would be a relief to be done with AF. Really done. Once I make a decision on the other issues. I can't even imagine how lovely it would be to never have AF again. As my friend battling cancer jokes, that's the one & only upside to what she's been through.
In my RE's defense (sort of), I haven't asked him about the implications of long-term storage. It's just that based on a few things that occurred, I don't trust that it wouldn't be a problem. But that may be the best solution regardless. Dh thinks if it came down to it, we could find a clinic to take it. (Of course, he doesn't actually know that.)