Return to Index  

Catching up on some thank you's and other notes

May 23 2012 at 3:42 PM
Veesha  (Login Veesha)

I hardly ever have time to turn my computer on, much less get on the board, so I must apologize for all that I have missed since the birth of our dd.

I can't explain how deep my love for this little girl is. I love our ds, like crazy (which is the favorite phrase that we share), but I think because we had him with no effort, I had a false sense of security about our ability to get pregnant again. Then after a year of trying on our, we finally got that dreaded diagnosis...secondary IF.

So on top of trying to conceive ourselves for 1 year, then going through the disappointment of that 1st cycle and negative beta, we wondered if our ds would ever have a sibling.

Then I got pregnant on our 2nd cycle and it was hard to relax and i never felt that carefree feeling that I had with our ds. I just did not know if a baby would actually result from the pregnancy.

So here we are 7 weeks into life with our daughter, and I am the most tired that I have been in my life, trying to balance the needs of an infant and her 4 year old ds (yes, he recently celebrated his birthday - proud mama moment happy.gif, and I have never been happier in my life!!!

A few days ago as I watched my son playing on the playground and laughing, and I was nursing my daughter and listening to her quietly breathe, I was overcome with emotion.

I feel so blessed and honored to be the mother of these 2 beautiful children, and I wondered what my dh and I could possibly have done to deserve such precious gifts. Then I realized we had done nothing. We were gifted these children through grace and mercy, and for that I will be eternally grateful.

I also owe a great debt of thanks to all of you ladies who have been here to share our journey. I hope we are all living out (or soon to be living out) the dream that we had when we started on this road. One million thanks, hugs and kisses, my cyber sisters!

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

This message has been edited by Veesha on May 23, 2012 3:45 PM

Respond to this message   
Responses

1. Hi Veesha - demomone on May 23, 8:13 PM
    1. Hey demomone! - Veesha on May 24, 4:25 PM

2. So glad to see this! - Jen in TN on May 23, 8:41 PM
    1. Hi Jen! - Veesha on May 24, 4:27 PM

3. Precious! - thesameboat on May 23, 8:52 PM
    1. Yes...incredibly so! - Veesha on May 24, 4:32 PM

4. So happy for you Veesha! - Raindrops1 on May 24, 8:24 AM
    1. I know, Raindrops...isn't that incredible that we're reaching the 2 month mark - Veesha on May 24, 4:40 PM
      1. Thanks for the response! - Raindrops1 on May 26, 7:31 AM

5. Veesha, that is beautiful!!! - Dixiechic on May 24, 2:36 PM
    1. Dixiechic, you helped connect us to our baby, and I am forever grateful - Veesha on May 24, 9:18 PM

Create your own forum at Network54
 Copyright © 1999-2014 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement