Light at the end of the tunnel (Update)June 1 2012 at 10:58 AM
|Aufrecht (Login Aufrecht)|
I am starting to come up from the depths and see the light...At 7 weeks the boys slept 5 hours straight 2 nights in a row. Usually they sleep 3 hours or so but once every 24 hours they go longer. I still only get enough milk to feed them 50-60% and the rest is formula but they are hale and hearty. I am back at work and my daytime mothers helper both babysits and cleans so that is an added bonus that makes my life so much better. The gas crisis is abating and the Ped. says after at 2 months it shouldn't be such a problem to burp/poop/fart. The guys are cooing and vocalizing and smiling more. They both make eye contact now and smile.
My DD who had a potty training regression is doing better now with the potty and motivated as she is moving up to a new group at daycare...and they all use the potty and not diapers. She adores the boys and is still sometimes irritated with me for not being as available to her as I used to be but that is getting better too.
The first few weeks were pretty dark and just so hard I wondered if I had done a good thing, having all these kids. Now I know I can do it and am hopeful for the future. Can you tell how my point of view on life is TOTALLY dependent on how much sleep I have gotten the night before?
I have also been throwing stuff out/giving away LOTS of stuff and it is really psychologically liberating and my small house feels bigger too. It is amazing what a difference that makes.
I am good. Tired, relieved, so happy and rich with kiddos and somehow glad that I am off the infertility rollercoaster and won't be getting back on again. KNOWING that these are the last babies I will have makes my time with them all the sweeter.
- Thats Good! - ks on Jun 1, 5:52 PM
- glad to read this - Pandora on Jun 1, 6:53 PM
- Lucky kids, lucky mama - Catmama on Jun 1, 7:13 PM
- Sounds good! - Jen in TN on Jun 1, 8:29 PM
- You gotta have sleep! - Raindrops1 on Jun 1, 9:16 PM
- I think you're some sort of 'Superfrau'! - thesameboat on Jun 1, 11:20 PM
- Ha ha ha.....Superfrau! - Raindrops1 on Jun 2, 8:04 AM
- Glad to hear this, Aufrecht... - Maya3 on Jun 3, 5:27 PM
- nice to hear! - Piper on Jun 4, 8:11 AM