Return to Index  

13 week ultrascreen, etc...

June 7 2012 at 3:03 PM
Leigh  (Login leigh74)

Well, I've FINALLY been released from "pelvic rest" and "light activity"!! Hooray! The SCH that was around our vanished twin has receded enough that it's now irrelevant in comparison to our healthy baby BOY. happy.gif I can finally, finally, finally do things any "normal" pregnant woman would do (i.e. exercise and have sex!) and I'm absolutely overjoyed about it. And, I don't have to go back for an ultrasound for an entire month, which is wonderful... but I have to say that it's been amazing to see our baby dancing around every week. I'll miss that part.

As for the ultrascreen, we've been struggling with whether to do it for a couple of weeks because of the blood work aspect... Since we just lost the twin a three weeks ago, we knew I'd very likely have elevated hormone levels and we were concerned about getting a false positive.. In the end, we decided to do the nuchal fold measurement but forgo the blood work. At the office, I was confident this was the right decision, but now I'm a little nervous about it. The nuchal fold measurement was great, so my OB sees no cause whatsoever for concern. I hope we did the right thing!

As always, thanks for your support. I couldn't have made it this far without you!
Leigh

Respond to this message   
Responses

1. Sounds great all around - Christine on Jun 7, 6:27 PM
    1. thanks, Christine! - Leigh on Jun 8, 7:13 AM

2. I'm right with you at 13 weeks - thesameboat on Jun 7, 9:21 PM
  4. Great news! - Mrs. M on Jun 8, 5:08 AM
    1. Me too! - Leigh on Jun 8, 7:12 AM

5. Great news, Leigh! - Ariadne on Jun 8, 7:30 AM
  7. Nice to read your good news! - Gingergal on Jun 8, 10:03 AM
    1. Re: Nice to read your good news! - mary on Jun 8, 3:53 PM

8. Hi, Leigh, FWIW, I made the same decision . . . - Maggie in VA on Jun 11, 7:57 AM
Create your own forum at Network54
 Copyright © 1999-2014 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement