Return to Index  

I thought of you twin moms this weekend

June 11 2012 at 6:54 AM
thesameboat  (Login thesameboat)

There were two families with twins at the playground. One couple had pretty little girls, about 2 1/2, wearing white, dressed as identically as they were born, with big starched bows in their perfect hair, pushing their little dolly carriages and chattering away cheerfully with each other. The parents sat on a bench chatting and laughing, stopping occasionally to smile indulgently at their girls.

The other couple had gorgeous little b/g twins, maybe 14-15 months old, walking but still not sure of where danger might be. No one in this family had starched clothes. In fact, it looked like their mixmatched cotten clothes had been slept in more than once. I noticed them first by the screams of indignation when the little boy was being changed. His dad didn't seem to notice the noise, just concentrated on getting his boy clean. The girl stood with one hand resting on her dad's knee in the meantime, calmly taking little experimental licks of the fistful of sand she held in the other. The mom (I only identified her as the the mother later, having first mistaken her for a drunk who'd wandered into the park and fallen asleep on the neighboring bench) sat with her head back and legs sprawled, mouth open with spittle pooling at the corner.

When the father finally finished torturing his son, he stood him up with a perfunctory, 'There, there. It's OK.' and went to wake the mother up. They staggered through the sand, pulling the kids back from sharp-edged flying swings, away from the water pump, trying to get them to move and get exercise without being held or dismembered. And I saw the moment their eyes fell on the other twins' parents. And I saw the dad nudge the mom. And the fascinated stares they gave them. And the confusion in their eyes.

Hoping all of you who have had days like the 2nd twins' family was having (years?) will someday have at least a few days like the first twins' family had. Respect, ladies. My hat is off to you.

Respond to this message   
Responses

1. ROFLMAO - Kenny on Jun 11, 7:23 AM
    1. As always, in awe of you, Kenny. - thesameboat on Jun 11, 10:04 AM
      1. Oh did I imply I was dressed, we were all BARELY dressed... - Kenny on Jun 11, 10:14 AM
        1. Well I guess they did stare if you were all naked?! - thesameboat on Jun 11, 10:47 AM
          1. LOL, no we were dressed but def not in matching/clean clothes; twins dressed themselves - Kenny on Jun 11, 11:08 AM
            1. Speaking of opinions, we were looking at clothes at Target... - BlessedThistle on Jun 11, 11:20 AM
              1. Now, THAT is precious! nt - thesameboat on Jun 11, 11:23 AM
              2. Love it!!! He is SO cute :) nt - Kenny on Jun 12, 7:13 AM
            2. Ah! I let DD pick her outfit last week - thesameboat on Jun 11, 11:22 AM

2. Yeah, second family here, too . . . - Maggie in VA on Jun 11, 7:48 AM
    1. At least you get to see that it's not always family #1 time - thesameboat on Jun 11, 10:06 AM
    2. LOL, I thought it was just me... - Maybelline on Jun 11, 8:03 PM
      1. Oh, yeah . . . - Maggie in VA on Jun 12, 8:22 AM
        1. Oh yes! - Maybelline on Jun 13, 5:05 PM
      2. Barge, mine too!! Older ones still do it, and younger DD just learned it from them :(. nt - Kenny on Jun 12, 6:08 PM

3. 2nd family! - AngMc on Jun 11, 8:52 AM
    1. Well, now I know to return those 3 white outfits I was going to send over - thesameboat on Jun 11, 10:10 AM

4. Love it!! - sas on Jun 11, 9:41 AM
    1. Thanks for the compliment - thesameboat on Jun 11, 10:11 AM
      1. Yep.... - sas on Jun 11, 10:47 AM

5. We will never look like Family #1! - Renata on Jun 11, 1:13 PM
    1. Oh, Renata, they're fed and healthy. - thesameboat on Jun 11, 10:38 PM

6. I have been both sets...however. - Dee S. on Jun 11, 6:39 PM
    1. I suspect they live in some of the many apartments surrounding this park - thesameboat on Jun 11, 10:36 PM

7. Well, my girls are 5 and... - Maybelline on Jun 11, 7:34 PM
    1. Maybelline, your 5 minutes of success just beat most of us by about 5 minutes! - thesameboat on Jun 11, 10:41 PM

8. Oh Sameboat thanks for the chuckle....m - Hope2009 on Jun 12, 8:45 PM
    1. Hope, thank aou so much for this glimpse into your busy day - thesameboat on Jun 13, 6:57 AM

Create your own forum at Network54
 Copyright © 1999-2014 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement