Return to Index  

LO fixes mommy - AGAIN

June 11 2012 at 9:31 AM

sas  (Login sangelas)

I've really been stressing over LO (yes, something new for me happy.gif )....he had such an interest in verbal communication around 9m and 10m but once crawling then walking came in -- NOTHING! Even some of the old words stopped, let alone any new ones. He was on the move -- no more hugs or cuddling or eye contact. I pick him up and he pushes away...squirrming to get down. I spend HOURS pointing at pictures and toys and DH TRYING to get him to tie a word to a thing -- NOTHING. Half of me is deliberately avoiding any info on the issue the other half is DYING to type in all sorts of search words on Google. This has been my hell the last few months.

I had resigned myself to just having fun with him and let what will be just -- happen. This weekend we played in his baby pool and ran around the yard and just had fun. Suddenly, yesterday evening he just turned into a different kid! He climbed up on my lap while I was on the couch and gave me the biggest hug then snuggled in next to me. Then as we were playing with his toy telephone I (for the HUNDRETH time) held it to my ear and said "hello" NOT with any idea that he might repeat (since I'd been trying that for nearly 5 months at this point) but just out of habit. He looked in my eyes and said eh-lo. The "eh" sounded more like a "xh" in a way (sort of a Mayan dialect I suppose) but he did it, over and over, right after me and again when I put the phone to his ear. He KNEW. Within an hour after that he said "turtle" almost perfectly (his favorite toy that he carries everywhere is a turtle) and without my even saying it first! He then reached for and said na-na for his favorite food (bananas). He made constant eye contact all evening and for the first time I saw that spark in there -- the "I want to learn some stuff" spark. It was SO exciting and so out of no where!

It's like this whole new door opening and I almost didn't want to let him go to sleep tonight for fear it'd be back to the same ol thing this morning but...no, he promptly asked for na-na first thing then ran to me from across the room, hugged my legs and looked up in my eyes as if to say -- I had a wonderful weekend mommy.

Yep -- another commute in to work with tears the WHOLE way!

It never seems to fail -- EVERY TIME I give up on something thinking he can't or won't do it, because something's seriously wrong (and I don't quit easily) he sets my mind at ease. But WHY does that little monster have to wait SO long until mommy's almost in a frenzy?!

Also, why did he have to wait til Sunday evening?! Makes Monday ten times tougher to be away from him!

Just love him -- so, so much! You all said it would happen and....yep, it did!

sas

Respond to this message   
Responses

1. Yay! - Maya3 on Jun 11, 9:46 AM
  3. Sounds like he's a boy who knows how to concentrate on the task at hand! - thesameboat on Jun 11, 9:57 AM
  5. They are so good at this LOL - Kenny on Jun 11, 10:11 AM
  7. nice - AngMc on Jun 11, 11:30 AM
  9. I love this story. - margolis on Jun 11, 11:53 AM
Create your own forum at Network54
 Copyright © 1999-2014 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement