Return to Index  

wonderful....

June 11 2012 at 4:50 PM

sas  (Login sangelas)

Response to Mom's funeral and "Memorial" (long, sorry)

you can tell a lot about how a person lived her life by the outpouring you clearly had. What a wonderful tribute to your dear mother. I know you were upset b/c you weren't there when she passed but, truly, you were there for her last "real" moments and you came through (along with a lot of others) in paying tribute to her.

Your DH sounds like he does have issues. I am impressed that you are level headed enough at a time like this to know you need to keep that one under advisement for the time being. I'm SO sorry he wasn't there for you. Sure men grieve and support their spouses in their grief differently than most women; however, there's different and there's not at all. Emotional support should come first -- if his heart is truly in it and he's feeling the empathy any spouse should, it shows. I am SO sorry this is yet another thing you might have to deal with. Again, I think you are SO wise to put it on the back burner for now and let yourself heal a bit.

You and your lovely mother are in my prayers.

Hugs,

sas

Respond to this message   
Create your own forum at Network54
 Copyright © 1999-2014 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement