bedtime separation anxietyJune 18 2012 at 10:37 AM
|annie (Login annie_h)|
Help ladies, I'm desperate!! We're out of town for a week and my 13-month old DD has suddenly started having full blown anxiety attacks if we put her in her crib (a pack and play). We've let her cry it out in the past, but this is unlike anything I've experienced. She doesn't wind down no matter how long we leave her and she's totally frantic. So we've been sleeping with her--for naps and at night. I'm sure we're creating a total monster and we're going to have our work cut out for us when we get home, but we just need to get through the week (DH is teaching a class--12 hour days and can't do it on no sleep from letting her cry all night).
Anyone have experience with this? I'm praying that when we get back home to her familiar surroundings it will get better, but I know we're going to have suffer a bit getting her back to sleeping alone. Up till now she's been a great sleeper--11 to 12 hours a night without waking up or if she does, putting herself back to sleep easily. Would love any advice or stories of similar situations and how you dealt.
- We had this with DD2 on trips recently - Kenny on Jun 18, 10:47 AM
- oh no - AngMc on Jun 18, 11:50 AM
- thanks ladies - annie on Jun 18, 12:48 PM
- Re: bedtime separation anxiety - Anonymous on Jun 18, 8:19 PM
- What if... - Dee S. on Jun 18, 8:28 PM
- WE had this happen also - THK on Jun 19, 12:11 AM
- Oh, yes - Ariadne on Jun 19, 8:36 AM
- thank you all! - annie on Jun 19, 9:30 AM