Return to Index  

We've hit a milestone (today), but should I be worried.

June 19 2012 at 7:28 PM
Veesha  (Login Veesha)

Okay so our LO started rolling onto her tummy sporadically about 2 weeks ago, but we were able to roll her onto her back again, and she would either sleep there or roll to her side and sleep.

Tonight she started is rolling onto her tummy and there she sleeps now. My question is, should I be concerned that she's going to get stuck and that her breathing could be obstructed. Also what about SIDS concerns?

Once she's asleep, I tried several times to flip her back onto her back, but she immediately flips onto her stomach and thus far has turned her head to the side, and sleeps like the proverbial baby. I feel fine with her sleeping like this while I am still awake and watching her, but once I go to sleep, should I be concerned.

I looked at various sites on line, and they said that once your baby is strong enough to turn herself over, then she's fine, but so far our dd has not flipped from her stomach to her back (which the sites say typically happens first), in fact during her waking hours she has been resistant to tummy time...she likes to see everything, and since she can't take in the activity around her (including the antics of her 4 year old brother), she fusses to be picked up.

I just wonder if she is able to turn herself from tummy to back and has been holding out on me wink.gif.

Anyway, bottom line...should I be worried, and can I sleep tonight -- with both eyes closed? (BTW, I am so proud of our little girl, who is already growing up too fast sad.gif

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Respond to this message   
Responses

1. Just make sure her bed is safe. - thesameboat on Jun 19, 2012, 10:17 PM
    1. Get an Angelcare? - BlessedThistle on Jun 19, 2012, 10:58 PM

2. What I learned - demomone on Jun 20, 2012, 3:45 AM
  4. The puff is a belly sleeper too - almost from birth - cotton on Jun 20, 2012, 6:41 AM
    1. Cotton, the pathetic thing is that I have the snuza (thanks to great advice from you) - Veesha on Jun 20, 2012, 2:10 PM
      1. You're right, the worry will never end!!! -nt - cotton on Jun 20, 2012, 6:57 PM

Create your own forum at Network54
 Copyright © 1999-2014 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement