I love camp!June 21 2012 at 12:00 PM
|demomone (Login demomone)|
DD started camp this week and I was a wreck, as this was her first separation from me. There are eight toddlers (DD is now 27 months) in her class with three counselors (who are assistant teachers at her pre-school). Three hours a day..just perfect for the break I needed!
She did great..we prepared her in advance and she was fine..Kissed her good bye and picked her up three hours later. She cried when she saw me and said she wanted to stay! They are also starting to toilet train the kids for us..is that amazing? She even asked to use the toilet last night.
I wonder how many of us have a difficult time separating just because it took us so long to have these children? I was well aware of my hesitation in letting her go so early. Our friends and doctors told us we would be doing her a disservice to keep her from a good program. I knew in my heart, I would have to let her go sooner or later.
I would be interested to hear others experience and advice about this.
|This message has been edited by demomone on Jun 21, 2012 6:10 PM|
- No advice but that is wonderful! - thesameboat on Jun 21, 2:40 PM
- did not realize that - demomone on Jun 21, 6:19 PM
- Re: I love camp! - minttea on Jun 21, 2:59 PM
- not clear - demomone on Jun 21, 6:16 PM
- Re: not clear - minttea on Jun 22, 9:43 AM
- I've had my DD in full-time daycare since she was six months old... - Maya3 on Jun 24, 6:03 PM