Diapers at night? / Is this wrong?June 21 2012 at 2:36 PM
|thesameboat (Login thesameboat)|
DD is potty-trained. No problems during the daytime. I have always put diapers on her for her naps, though, and at night. She suddenly started protesting this a few days ago. Well, she actually does wake up dry from her naps, so I agreed and we dropped the naptime diapers 3 days ago.
But tonight she INSISTED that she doesn't need or want a diaper at night. She's a big girl. She wants her panties. Now, I actually have no idea if she can wake up dry because every morning if I ask her if she wants to get up to go to the bathroom, she says no. She keeps the diaper on and stays in bed for 30-40 minutes and drinks her hot chocolate, then snuggles into her pillow and talks to her dolly or sings a while...
By the time she gets up, the diaper is definitely wet.
She was adament, so I let her fall asleep with panties on and then changed her. Was that wrong? I don't really like tricking her, but I think that until she's shown me she can wake up dry a few times, I don't want to take the risk. And bedtime is no time to negotiate with Princess Babyboat. Your opinions?
- How about... - cotton on Jun 21, 2012, 4:40 PM
- Its time to let go of the diapers...though I have not. - Dee S. on Jun 21, 2012, 5:43 PM
- What is the risk? - Cathy on Jun 21, 2012, 6:01 PM
- wish I had some advice for you - demomone on Jun 21, 2012, 6:32 PM
- Well, I'm not sure which part you're asking about - Ariadne on Jun 21, 2012, 9:13 PM
- Thanks, guys. More info about us. - thesameboat on Jun 21, 2012, 10:28 PM
- update - thesameboat on Jun 22, 2012, 3:26 AM
- an idea - demomone on Jun 22, 2012, 4:44 AM
- I have some of those training pants! - thesameboat on Jun 22, 2012, 5:52 AM
- Re: update - Ariadne on Jun 22, 2012, 7:50 AM