Car seat test for preemie.... questionJune 26 2012 at 12:43 PM
|Kara (Login Kara-NJ)|
My friend's baby was born a few weeks early last Monday and has premature lungs. As of today they did a carseat test (a britax $300 seat) he failed the test and they are telling her to go get another car seat now for another test. They want to release him today!!!
I have a Chicco keyfit 30 to give her regardless but we feel like he is being pushed out of the hospital when he is not ready. He was born 8.3lbs and nurses well but his numbers on the monitor never hit 100, always 94 to under 100. Sorry I don't remember what those numbers mean.
Anyhow - have any of you had to get a different car seat to pass this test? I think that's insane. Her carseat is rated for 4-30lbs. Please some advice!
Oh and they told her not to use the snuza halo - I told her it's a great monitor and I would use it at home. doctors generally never recommend those things.
- Did they give her any kind of guidance . . . - Maggie in VA on Jun 26, 1:00 PM
- No but they suggested she go out and buy a - Kara on Jun 26, 1:04 PM
- Those are good numbers... - Dee S. on Jun 26, 6:47 PM
- It can be serious..... - Miracle_Wanted on Jun 26, 1:16 PM
- If he didn't pass the test.... - Maybelline on Jun 26, 1:25 PM
- the test is for the baby NOT the car seat! - AngMc on Jun 26, 2:19 PM
- testing.... - sas on Jun 26, 4:01 PM
- What is a car seat test? - Maya3 on Jun 26, 7:17 PM
- It's for babies with respiratory issues - BlessedThistle on Jun 26, 7:24 PM
- Maya - this is how I found out about the test.... - sas on Jun 27, 9:31 AM
- How terrifying! - Maya3 on Jun 28, 5:19 PM
- surreal at the time.... - sas on Jun 29, 10:59 PM
- Tried to post yesterday - Jen in TN on Jun 27, 8:48 AM
- Did not mean to impugn the legitimacy of the car seat challenge. - Maggie in VA on Jun 27, 8:59 AM
- Re: Car seat test for preemie.... question - Catmama on Jun 27, 9:02 AM