Return to Index  

When to tell my employer I'm pg?

July 14 2012 at 5:31 AM
  (Login CTSmithie)

I'm about 16 weeks along with twins and haven't yet told my boss I'm expecting.

The last person she hired into her team (internal transfer from another department) was already expecting when she joined the team. I started my job the first week of April and exactly one week later I took a "work from home day" and had my embryo transfer. So I am almost in the same situation as the last person who joined the group!

My boss and I went on a week-long business trip to London two weeks ago and I didn't want to inform her prior to that trip because I didn't want my health to be a topic of concern. I could imagine her continually asking me if I'm tired or feeling ok, etc.
Complicating matters: I was on vacation this week that just ended and my boss is taking a vacation this coming week. So I am planning to inform her once she's back.

I don't think I'm particularly "late" or "overdue" in telling my employer but my mom, who is a worrywart, can't stop asking me when I'm going to tell. She seems to think that as soon as you pass the 12 week mark you are supposed to tell.

Respond to this message   
Responses

1. I told my boss at 14 weeks. - Mrs. M on Jul 14, 6:06 AM
  3. Sorry....double post - Mrs. M on Jul 14, 6:06 AM
  5. I'm amazed you aren't showing yet! - thesameboat on Jul 14, 6:11 AM
    1. I think I am showing but ... - Christine on Jul 14, 8:06 AM

6. I told pretty early - Leigh on Jul 14, 8:30 AM
  8. I think I told.... - Miracle_Wanted on Jul 14, 10:35 AM
  10. Shortly after 12 wks - Maggie in VA on Jul 14, 2:35 PM
    1. My company lets us fly Business Class on trips over 5 hours - Christine on Jul 15, 7:57 AM
      1. 'Snice - Maggie in VA on Jul 17, 10:22 AM

11. Christine...m - Hope2009 on Jul 14, 7:40 PM
  13. before you show - Pandora on Jul 15, 8:13 AM
  15. Thanks for all the feedback! - Christine on Jul 15, 8:16 AM
  17. well.... - sas on Jul 16, 1:41 PM
    1. I think I'm going to tell next week - Christine on Jul 17, 5:17 PM

Create your own forum at Network54
 Copyright © 1999-2014 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement