Return to Index  

no periods?

July 15 2012 at 8:54 AM
Pandora  (Login Pandora-VA)

It seems that peri menopause (or menopause?) may be in full effect.  I had two periods since having my DD.  One at 5 months and one at 6 months.  Both were heavy and unpleasant.   I have not had one since and there is no chance that I am pregnant-NONE!  So, it has been months without a period.  I am still nursing, but DD is eating more and more solids and I have pretty much cut back pumping to once (or no times) a day and am using my stash for daycare bottles.  It just seems rather sudden though doesn't it?  My cycles were always so regular even when going through fertility treatments.   I have not gone to the dr partly because I would prefer not to have my period if I don't have to (no good has ever come from it!) and partly because I have been busy.  Do you think it is okay to just sort of let this continue or should I go to the dr to get checked out?  Has this happened with anyone else?  Did periods come back?  I am sort of scared to think how heavy it might be after all this time.  BTW-I am 42.

Pandora 

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Lilypie Maternity tickers

Respond to this message   
Responses

1. That's what happened to me. - thesameboat on Jul 15, 9:11 AM
    1. I think I am having them now....feh!! - BlessedThistle on Jul 15, 12:48 PM
      1. My first hot flash was my worst and most obvious - thesameboat on Jul 16, 3:08 AM
    2. no, no hot flashes - Pandora on Jul 15, 12:55 PM

2. same here... - lauranz on Jul 16, 1:14 AM
    1. it is just odd - Pandora on Jul 16, 6:18 PM

3. that happened to me - Katherine on Jul 17, 7:51 AM
Create your own forum at Network54
 Copyright © 1999-2014 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement