Return to Index  

"They" say every pregnancy is different (sore breasts, anyone?) Were yours different?

July 19 2012 at 10:10 PM
thesameboat  (Login thesameboat)

My breasts hurt. I bf DD until just a few weeks ago, when it got too painful. She was at the point that it was really just part of the ritual before bed at this point anyway, and she understood that it was uncomfortable for me now because of the pregnancy, so she was gentle and hurried. happy.gif And finally she went to sleep without asking anymore.

But they still hurt. Bras hurt. Not having a bra on hurts. Walking hurts. Showers hurt. Toddler elbows cause excrutiating pain. I fantasize about NASA letting me float around in the antigravity tanks topless, because I think that just might not hurt. Does anybody have any contacts there? Though I suspect I'd keep my arms protectively held in front of body JUST IN CASE. (sigh)

Last night I decided to sleep bra-less for the 1st time in 3 years, you know, to give it a try. DD had a bad dream and scrambled from her bed (right next to us) to ours. She somehow managed to put all of her (light-if-not-exactly-delicate) weight on the hand she used to prop herself up with RIGHT on the ball of my nipple! I screamed. OMG! Now she and DH are snoring happily on either side of me and I'm too traumatized to sleep. (Not really. Just awake.)

So, I had always heard that each pregnancy was different but REALLY I thought that that only referred to different moms and to healthy or not healthy pregnancies, moms or babies. But it really is different for me this time. In most ways it's good. No bleeding. FAR less fear. But where is my beautiful, thick, hanging-down-my-back-in-waves hair? I'm losing almost as much as I did post-partum with DD. DH put down one of those hair-catchers over the drain because he got tired of using Drain-O. And the breasts??!? Ow.

Those of who who have been pregnant multiple times, were your pregnancies all different? Is it because this is a boy?

Oh, and OT: DD is getting "her very own room" for her birthday next week. Fingers crossed that works, OK, friends?

Respond to this message   
Responses

1. Yes - Ariadne on Jul 20, 6:32 AM
    1. Thank you, Ariadne! - thesameboat on Jul 20, 2:23 PM

Create your own forum at Network54
 Copyright © 1999-2014 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement