The purple crayon....July 25 2012 at 12:27 PM
sas (Login sangelas)
Just had to share my LO's latest cuteness and wonder if anyone else has similar experience.
DS has been scribbling with crayons (washable of course!), on a big pad of paper quite a bit. Initially he used all the different colors, but over the months he used the purple crayon more and more when I'd give him a choice. Last week he accidently broke the purple crayon in half. He cried and cried like someone had died. He sat there trying to stick it back together just crying his eyes out. My DS has NEVER cried for more than a few seconds over losing ANY toy or object. I tried to give him another crayon, no go, then tried to tape it together - he pulled the tape off and cried more -- tried everything. He finally cried himself to sleep. After a week I pulled out the pad and box of crayons for the first time and put all the remaining crayons (no purple) out for him to pick. He looked at each one carefully then grabbed the box. Sure enough the broken purple crayon was in the bottom of the box and he began crying again! He wouldn't touch another crayon.
Then he got up and began trying to reach up to a shelf for something, looking at me, pointing and crying. I hadn't realized it but several days earlier my DH had bought a new box of crayons and put them up there, above even where I could see them, unopened for later use. I guess DS saw him do that and wanted THAT box. I got it down, opened it up and after looking at ALL the crayons he happily grabbed the purple one and spent the next two hours before bed drawing with it and, otherwise, just holding it like a prized possession -- keeping it carefully away from anyone's grasp. Finally had to let it drop out of his hand when he went to sleep!
For months before this he had a little purple, plastic turtle that he took with him EVERYWHERE, including to bed, until he suddenly got bored of it one day and hasn't touched it again.
Safe to say purple is his favorite color? Wish I could buy a whole box of purple crayons -- I think we're going to need them!
I just adore every second with this little guy! Always something new & cute!
- I love it! - thesameboat on Jul 25, 12:37 PM
- That's an adorable story! - karma on Jul 25, 7:01 PM
- What a sweet story! - Veesha on Jul 25, 8:00 PM
- I love this story. - Margolis on Jul 25, 8:51 PM
- Amazing how their little minds work! - Maya3 on Jul 25, 10:03 PM
- washable crayons - sas on Jul 26, 7:18 AM
- That is too cute - Dixiechic on Jul 26, 4:07 AM
- I would stock up on the purple ones! - keifel on Jul 26, 7:17 AM
- Book - Jen in TN on Jul 26, 7:26 AM
- It is in print - Wendy on Jul 26, 8:58 AM
- yes, I thought of that book when all of this was going on! - sas on Jul 26, 2:58 PM
- Ohhh..so sweet! - Raindrops1 on Jul 26, 9:25 AM