Return to Index  

Related to my twin post below

July 26 2012 at 2:14 AM
wnpink  (Login wnpink)

I wanted to thank everyone who responded to my post below about twins. I read through all the responses and appreciate all the input. I have been re-reading all the responses, trying to think of what is the best for my situation. My situation is this - I just turned 46 and I have to use a gestational carrier, and realistically, I think I can only can do the GC one time. I don't think it makes sense to try in a couple of years with another GC. There are two reasons for this, one is cost, and the other is my age (I already feel too old). Some of you posted that I should think through whether or not I could emotionally and financially take care of twins. I feel like financially we could swing it, and emotionally ... I think I can handle it and I do have family help in addition to DH so hopefully I could handle it. I am still conflicted about how many to transfer, so I will still have to think through this as I look for a GC.

The GC's that I am finding are in the range of 5'6'' (so they are not as tall as E&H suggested I look for). I never thought about height, but once E&H mentioned it, I recalled that the women I knew that were taller had an easier pregnancy with twins (just my observation).

I am not sure if I will transfer 2, but if I do end up deciding to transfer 2, hopefully 5'6'' would be tall enough just in case both embryos implanted. Any other thoughts or opinions are appreciated as I try to sort this through. Thanks again.

Respond to this message   
Responses

1. Tough decisions - Wendy on Jul 26, 8:53 AM
    1. thanks Wendy - wnpink on Jul 28, 2:27 AM

2. I am just under 5 ft. 4 - Renata on Jul 26, 9:11 AM
    1. Hi Renata - wnpink on Jul 28, 2:40 AM

3. I don't think it is just about height though ...m - Hope2009 on Jul 26, 3:35 PM
    1. Thanks Hope - wnpink on Jul 28, 2:56 AM
      1. How did I keep going between....m - Hope2009 on Jul 28, 10:41 PM

Create your own forum at Network54
 Copyright © 1999-2014 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement