Immune test results backNovember 7 2014 at 8:24 AM
|Leigh (Login leigh74)|
I am completely negative for all markers of autoimmune disease. Thyroid is great, Beta2 Glycoprotein I Ab (IgG, IgA, and IgM) are negative, Anticardiolipin AB IgG/M is negative, and all the Lupus Anticoagulants are negative as well. This is good news, I suppose, but doesn't help explain my POF or all the losses. Sigh...
The one thing that did come back positive is that I'm homozygous for the MTHFR mutation C677T. I expected to be heterozygous, so I suppose it was a bit surprising that I have two copies. Still, my RE doesn't think it's a big deal and just said to increase my folic acid intake. I already take methyl-folate, but I'm wondering what others with this issue have done. Is there a particular brand that is known to be more/less effective? Anything else I need to check? I asked to get my homocysteine levels run because I know it puts me at risk for elevated homocysteine, which puts me at risk for cardiovascular disease.. but if there's anything else, let me know.
At this point, I'm still not even sure we will cycle again, but if we do, I want to make sure I cover all my bases.
- Lovenox?? - Mrs.McIrish on Nov 7, 2014, 9:10 AM
- no Lovenox - Leigh on Nov 7, 2014, 9:39 AM
- the folic acid is important - thesameboat on Nov 7, 2014, 12:25 PM
- Also took Neevo - AC in Boston on Nov 7, 2014, 9:50 AM
- one more question.. - Leigh on Nov 10, 2014, 11:40 AM
- One more question - Mrs.McIrish on Nov 10, 2014, 7:58 PM
- Hi Leigh. I am also homo for MTHFR. I personally would not - Daisy on Nov 10, 2014, 9:20 AM
- I'm so confused.. - Leigh on Nov 10, 2014, 11:14 AM