Return to Index  

I think alternative medicine folks add to the problem sometimes

November 13 2014 at 12:50 PM
Renata  (Login reyndog)

Response to Is this ever a tad bit hard for you?

Don't get me wrong. I think many acupuncturists and naturopaths ROCK, and those treatments can help with IF on a number of levels. However, when a woman keeps going in year after year and now she's in her 40's and her practitioners are still convincing her she can conceive with her own eggs...I don't know. You have to wonder about the ethics of it all. I clearly remember when I was 43 telling my acupuncturist, "I just want to use donor eggs. I'm done trying with my own". She said, "Really?" and just couldn't understand it. I mean seriously, did she know that stats about women over 43 conceiving with their own eggs?

I literally thank God and the Universe and whomever every day for my boys. Sometimes I think of my donor and say, "Thank you" as well. They are the greatest gift in my life.

Re: adoption. There is a greater chance of adopting a kiddo with issues and I knew my DH would NOT fare well with that. He was also totally not open to adopting certain races of kids, which was very upsetting to me. I still mourn that I wasn't able to adopt a little AA girl. I keep thinking a child/teen is out there somewhere that will find me. I can just feel that spirit.

Respond to this message   
Find more forums on Network54Create your own forum at Network54
 Copyright © 1999-2017 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement