Return to Index  

Yeah, it's the frosties . . .

November 19 2014 at 10:50 AM
Maggie in VA  (Login maggie1961)

Response to for our one and done sisters as well as response

My eyes would have bugged out of my head when I was a younger woman if I knew that at some point in my life I would be eager to try for a third child, but knowing that there is a potential full genetic sibling for your children in a freezer just eats at you. My understanding is that the Octomom scandal occurred in part because Suleiman couldn't bear to let any of her frosties go, and her doctor was crazy enough to transfer them all. You know, I don't get the sense my siblings who had two children ever anguished about it, and one family had the resources to have plenty more, though they married late enough that there probably wouldn't have been a bunch more kids coming. And one sister had three, but that was an oopsie. There something about knowing there's that potential child there that creates a longing. Maggie (in VA)

Respond to this message   
Responses

1. Yes, I felt this when I thought there might still be two in the freezer from my cycle - BlessedThistle on Nov 19, 2014, 11:57 AM
  3. Actually, the info on octomom isn't correct - Anne on Nov 19, 2014, 2:36 PM
    1. I had no idea she had so many frozens! I hope she allows someone else to use them - BlessedThistle on Nov 19, 2014, 5:22 PM
    2. I'm not surprised my info is out of date . . . - Maggie in VA on Nov 21, 2014, 7:25 AM

Find more forums on Network54Create your own forum at Network54
 Copyright © 1999-2017 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement