Very sensitive question re remaining embryoNovember 20 2014 at 7:53 PM
|Ariadne (Login ariadne2)|
Can I ask for you would do? We have 1 embryo left from the cycle in which I conceived our 2nd child. (We used used same donor for both fresh cycles, so the embryo would result in a full sibling for both of my children.)
We are paying a sickening amount of money to store it with the clinic. Appalling, really, & my inertia has led to paying it year after year. We have paid for 3 years so far at more than $100 a month. I swore when I paid the last bill I would make a decision & yet here I am.
We are done. Or at least are done in the absence of some horrific tragedy. I had a hyst. so any future cycle would require a GC & we have no intention on having a 3rd via GC.
Do we donate? We only have 1 although it is a day 6 blast. And dh would struggle with this. Yet he remains blissfully unconcerned with the bills or the storage issue. He's aware we have 1 left & we pay for storage but otherwise, he is blissfully ignorant.
Long term storage?
It is agonizing, yet at more than $100 per month, I have got to make a decision. This one is tearing me up.
- Re: Very sensitive question re remaining embryo - FL Gal on Nov 20, 2014, 8:15 PM
- Yes - Ariadne on Nov 20, 2014, 8:40 PM
- Re: Yes - FL Gal on Nov 21, 2014, 6:39 AM
- Barge to FLgal - Anne on Nov 23, 2014, 5:08 PM
- Re: Very sensitive question re remaining embryo - Jen on Nov 20, 2014, 10:48 PM
- Well, I wouldn't continue to pay that kind of money to store it - thesameboat on Nov 21, 2014, 3:26 AM
- Re: Very sensitive question re remaining embryo - De2 on Nov 21, 2014, 6:16 AM
- Anonymous- - Piper on Nov 21, 2014, 9:22 AM
- Re: Anonymous- - De2 on Nov 21, 2014, 9:38 AM
- in theory, yes. - Piper on Nov 21, 2014, 10:29 AM
- thanks - De2 on Nov 21, 2014, 12:46 PM
- We had our clinic send the embryos to the recipient's clinic - Renata on Nov 21, 2014, 2:05 PM
- So hard . . . - Maggie in VA on Nov 21, 2014, 7:36 AM
- I am on an increasingly active embryo donation board on FB - BlessedThistle on Nov 21, 2014, 8:42 AM
- I can empathize... - Piper on Nov 21, 2014, 9:20 AM
- question - De2 on Nov 21, 2014, 10:12 AM
- It would not be counted as a transfer- - Piper on Nov 21, 2014, 10:31 AM
- I thought that - KarenGH on Nov 21, 2014, 10:43 AM
- no set rule- - Piper on Nov 21, 2014, 11:57 AM
- I did not know that other options were available. - KarenGH on Nov 27, 2014, 3:04 PM
- Re: It would not be counted as a transfer- - De2 on Nov 21, 2014, 12:44 PM
- Why keep storing if you are done - Pinkduck on Nov 21, 2014, 10:52 AM
- A few questions for you - Renata on Nov 21, 2014, 1:48 PM
- We did not donate - Pandora on Nov 21, 2014, 6:02 PM
- Frankly, donating is quite rare - anne on Nov 21, 2014, 8:12 PM
- Thank you, everyone! - Ariadne on Nov 21, 2014, 8:37 PM
- Re: Thank you, everyone! - anne on Nov 23, 2014, 6:45 PM
- Hey there, I will try to write you this weekend - things are NUTS! - Kenny on Nov 22, 2014, 5:08 AM
- Barge to Kenny - Jen in TN on Nov 23, 2014, 9:15 AM
- Don't Think We'd Donate - Finch9 on Nov 22, 2014, 7:15 AM
- I'm so very sorry Ariadne,....m - Hope2009 on Nov 23, 2014, 11:20 AM
- Thank You - Finch9 on Nov 23, 2014, 12:04 PM
- Thank you to those who posted since my last post! - Ariadne on Nov 25, 2014, 6:04 PM