Return to Index  

Don't Think We'd Donate

November 22 2014 at 7:15 AM
Finch9  (Login finch9)

Response to Very sensitive question re remaining embryo

Hi Ariadne,

I'm still in the "what do we do with our frosties?" dilemma, too.

Right now we're grappling with whether to try for a second or not. I think it's more likely not, as I am not convinced we could be good parents to more than one, given several circumstances in our lives. We have 2 embryos on ice.

There's a strong preference on these boards to donate, which is fine, as long as everyone is respectful that it's a highly personal decision that each of us has the right and responsibility to make on our own. Should we definitively decide to be one and done, I doubt we'll donate. It's just not what's feeling right to me. And if my DH and I have different wishes for our frosties, I personally believe his wishes will and should have an edge over mine, as it's his genetic material.

Fortunately, our clinic's storage fees are only $450 per year, so it was relatively easy for us to decide to keep paying. What you're being charged seems unfairly high! Good luck with your decision! As the saying goes, "flip a coin, and as it's about to land, you'll know what you're hoping for..." happy.gif

All my best.

Respond to this message   
Find more forums on Network54Create your own forum at Network54
 Copyright © 1999-2017 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement