Return to Index  

I had an almost opposite experience . . .

November 22 2014 at 4:13 PM
Maggie in VA  (Login maggie1961)

Response to I flat out lied to a friend

Due to my age, I've never tried to conceal the fact that I used DE. It would just be pointless. Anyway, I think I mentioned that on our vacation, I ran into a family at the hotel pool with a pre-teen I strongly suspected of being AS and a child about Bobby's age who seemed to have similar issues to Bobby -- and the two little boys really hit it off. I was very curious, and I'm sure the other mom was curious, and she finally approached me. It turned out that I was correct that the older boy was ASD, while the young boy had sensory issues.

At some point in the conversation, she asked me whether they were "mine." Older moms are used to this question being expressed this way. I took her to mean were they adopted (adopted children so frequently having neurobehavioral issues), and I replied, no, they're mine, but they were conceived through IVF. She replied that she used to be an IVF nurse, and we talked some more.

Well, later I realized, being an IVF nurse, she likely meant were they my genetic children, and I cringed at the possibility that she thought I was lying about them being "mine," especially as I have no desire to conceal it, unless there's a good reason. And I still feel uncomfortable wondering whether she thought I'm one of those vain, silly, older women who thinks she can fool people about using DE.

Maggie (in VA)

Respond to this message   
Responses

1. Re: I had an almost opposite experience . . . - De2 on Nov 22, 2014, 5:00 PM
    1. I actually wasn't offended in the context . . . - Maggie in VA on Nov 24, 2014, 6:32 AM

Find more forums on Network54Create your own forum at Network54
 Copyright © 1999-2017 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement