Return to Index  

Does this sound like a typical arrangement to you ?

July 2 2015 at 9:56 AM
gettingthere2  (Login gettingthere2)

I am 17 weeks today and I posted before on the SCH event at 15 weeks. I was healing by 16th week but had a refresh "bright red episode" over the weekend, so continuing on bed rest and fingers crossed. My frustration is really now with the OB/Hospital arrangement. I like my OB - old, rude but to the point guy, but he sits in a small clinic affiliated with another hospital. So when emergencies like these arise, he sends me for better quality ultrasound to the hospital ER/Labor and Delivery transfer. As reputed as that hospital is, it is a new building. The first time I went there, I waited on the bed for 2 full hours before the tech hauled in the ultrasound machine. They told me they had only one machine between ER and L&D, so that's a typical wait. Second time, same thing. I raised some noise so they brought in a poor quality machine (but only after two hours) which my OB tried to operate but couldn't see much beyond the breathing babies.

I am just worried if this is how it's going to be in future for the remainder of my term. If I leave the hospital, I may need to leave the OB. That is the nearest hospital where I live. But I will suck it up if you think this is all typical wait routine. It's just strange, but I will live with it. Anyone been through this ? I am also planning to have a good chat with my OB today.

Respond to this message   
Responses

1. Re: Does this sound like a typical arrangement to you ? - De22 on Jul 2, 2015, 4:53 PM
  3. Love, i'd bounce out - birdy1600 on Jul 2, 2015, 6:51 PM
  5. Doesnt sound right - demomone on Jul 2, 2015, 7:58 PM
  7. You say "babies" - Lauren on Jul 2, 2015, 9:57 PM
  9. Re: Does this sound like a typical arrangement to you ? - Butterfly on Jul 3, 2015, 6:55 AM
  11. Agree with others . . . - Maggie in VA on Jul 5, 2015, 8:00 PM
Find more forums on Network54Create your own forum at Network54
 Copyright © 1999-2017 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement