Return to Index  

Is she refusing formula at home, too?

July 7 2015 at 8:00 PM
Leigh  (Login leigh74)

Response to dd refused to have formula or milk in any form

When DS started daycare at about 8.5 months, he refused to eat or take milk during the first week or so he was there. It was awful and I was a complete wreck over it! I spent my days watching the video monitors and thinking I'd have to quit work and stay home with him... just remembering stresses me out! But the staff were wonderful and caring and they were very, very patient with him (and me). It took a while, but eventually they won him over and suddenly, one day, he decided it was ok and everything changed. He ate well, he napped well, and he clearly enjoyed his time there (to the point where he wasn't ready to leave when I picked him up!). One thing I did was to stay there for about 15-20 minutes in the mornings and afternoons and play. It seemed to keep him understand that I believed it was a safe environment.

The key, though, is that he ate well at home and breastfed like crazy to make up for what he wasn't getting at daycare. It's hard to tell if your DD isn't eating because she's still sick or because she's unhappy with the change. Has she lost weight? Does she seem happy otherwise? How many wet diapers a day is she having now?

I'm sorry you're still struggling. I hope it gets better very soon!
Leigh

Respond to this message   
Responses

1. no drinking at all!! home and daycare - Gotlucky2014 on Jul 8, 2015, 7:54 AM
    1. Re: no drinking at all!! home and daycare - Leigh on Jul 8, 2015, 10:32 AM
      1. dd just turned 10 months - Gotlucky2014 on Jul 8, 2015, 12:35 PM

Find more forums on Network54Create your own forum at Network54
 Copyright © 1999-2017 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement