Return to Index  

my take

July 8 2015 at 10:42 AM
jkl  (Login JKL41903)

Response to dd refused to have formula or milk in any form

It sounds to me like eating was very painful for her when she had the virus and now she won't eat/drink in fear of it hurting. (did she have foot and mouth--cocksackie?) I think if you gave her small amounts very frequently she will eventually get over it. This may be too hard for the daycare to deal with--can you take some time off work? Have a babysitter come? You can also bring her to a feeding clinic, although I'm not sure how long those appts take to get. In the meantime keep an eye on her--she may need IV fluids if she gets too dehydrated. I would bring her to the pediatrician if you are worried. Are yo allowed to give her pedialyte or anything like that? Ask the peds. Good luck.

jkl

Also, my daycare definitely feeds the babies milk or food if they need help, so that's a little worrying. The usually encourage the babies to do as much as possible on their own though so usually daycare babies do things before stay at home babies (my kids could hold a sippy before 1 yr I think) --but I think this issue would be beyond most daycare's ability to deal with.

This message has been edited by JKL41903 on Jul 8, 2015 10:51 AM

Respond to this message   
Responses

1. you got it very well - Gotlucky2014 on Jul 8, 2015, 12:47 PM
Find more forums on Network54Create your own forum at Network54
 Copyright © 1999-2017 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement