Hi Gotlucky. If she had pain in her mouth, thatJuly 8 2015 at 11:13 AM
|Daisy (Login loochieuk)|
Response to dd refused to have formula or milk in any form
may be a reason to refuse food/drink if it hurts her. Are you giving regular baby paracetamol (Acetaminophen) and/or ibuprofen? That can help relieve the pain and make eating more comfortable. You can alternate the two meds. if needed.
If you think she is dehydrated, you can buy the baby rehydration solution from the pharmacy which can help her.
Feeding little amounts of soft food sounds good plus water to keep her hydrated. I think milk is one of the most common things to avoid when children are feeling ill.
I do agree that she seems very young to be in childcare if you do not have to send her and you are at home? Not least because she could still be infectious? I would keep her away from childcare for the time being if you possibly can in order to nurse her back to health with you.
Do go back to the doctor if you are worried.
Best of luck - hang in there.
- i will keep her next week with me - Gotlucky2014 on Jul 8, 2015, 12:56 PM
- Yes - Leigh on Jul 8, 2015, 1:16 PM
- thank you so much i feek i should have posted - Gotlucky2014 on Jul 8, 2015, 9:50 PM
- No, not harmful - Leigh on Jul 9, 2015, 6:12 AM
- many thanks - Gotlucky2014 on Jul 9, 2015, 8:54 PM
- Re: Yes - Anonymous on Jul 13, 2015, 7:46 PM
- Re: Yes - Anonymous on Jul 13, 2015, 7:47 PM
- interesting - Leigh on Jul 14, 2015, 6:40 AM
- Re: interesting - Anonymous on Jul 15, 2015, 9:48 PM
- Why am I coming up as anonymous??? - Anonymous on Jul 15, 2015, 9:49 PM