YesJuly 8 2015 at 1:16 PM
|Leigh (Login leigh74)|
Response to i will keep her next week with me
Hand, foot, and mouth is the common name for cocksackie, which is what I was guessing she had. It's quite common in daycare facilities, especially in the summer, and very contagious. My DS has had it twice. The first time was a mild case and he got over it quickly, but the second time was awful. He spiked a high fever, stopped eating, and was generally miserable for at least a week. He also had sores all over his body, including inside his mouth and throat. Ibuprofen was extremely helpful for fever reducing and for alleviating the pain associated with it. DS only refused milk for about a week, but my pediatrician mentioned we could make a mixture of 1 part antacid (like mylanta) with 1 part benadryl liquid and swab the inside of the mouth and tongue with the mixture to help numb the painful areas. Something to consider.
She'll take milk again, but it might take a while for her to realize it's no longer painful! Keep trying with the milk - maybe making it ice cold would help? - and if all else fails, keep using the syringes to get some liquid into her.
Keep us updated and good luck.
- thank you so much i feek i should have posted - Gotlucky2014 on Jul 8, 2015, 9:50 PM
- No, not harmful - Leigh on Jul 9, 2015, 6:12 AM
- many thanks - Gotlucky2014 on Jul 9, 2015, 8:54 PM
- Re: Yes - Anonymous on Jul 13, 2015, 7:46 PM
- Re: Yes - Anonymous on Jul 13, 2015, 7:47 PM
- interesting - Leigh on Jul 14, 2015, 6:40 AM
- Re: interesting - Anonymous on Jul 15, 2015, 9:48 PM
- Why am I coming up as anonymous??? - Anonymous on Jul 15, 2015, 9:49 PM