Butt Wipe UniversityJuly 16 2015 at 2:04 PM
|Maggie in VA (Login maggie1961)|
OK, for all Robert's encopresis disruption, the fun has only been compounded because my son, Freddy, who potty trained early and well, refuses to wipe his own butt at 5yo. Finally I told him, Fred, we have to get past this. Here's how you do it. And we tried to have a tutorial. But he didn't seem to change his ways. He keeps yelling, "I'm reaaadddyy!" when he gets through with his business. So, I asked him at last, Freddy, are you afraid of getting poop on your hands? And he allowed as how this was true.
OK, I don't know where to go with this. Needless to say, this is a bit hard to take for the woman who at the height of potty training hell once found herself almost sobbing, "If I could just go one day without touching poop . . . ." Because I seem to have some perverse ability to get it on myself, even if there's just a dab somewhere exposed on a pull-up or something. The only other person I've heard of with this problem was on my ODD parents support forum, and boy, that's the least of an ODD parent's poop issues. I explained to Freddy that most people will accidentally get a bit of poop on their hands once in a while wiping their butts, and while it's unpleasant, it won't kill you, although it's very important to clean your hands thoroughly if it happens.
Maggie (in VA)
|This message has been edited by maggie1961 on Jul 18, 2015 3:10 PM|
- nt - Anon on Jul 16, 2015, 5:47 PM
- Well, since you have boys . . . - Maggie in VA on Jul 16, 2015, 8:38 PM
- nt - Anon on Jul 18, 2015, 8:18 AM
- Re: Butt Wipe University - De22 on Jul 17, 2015, 9:33 AM
- I had the same problem - tigger on Jul 17, 2015, 10:12 AM
- *sigh* this is still going on with my nearly 9 year old - Daisy on Jul 17, 2015, 12:11 PM
- My DD is the same age - thesameboat on Jul 19, 2015, 9:25 AM
- Less worried than run ragged . . . - Maggie in VA on Jul 20, 2015, 7:57 AM
- ah, I get it - thesameboat on Jul 20, 2015, 12:49 PM
- My six year old daughter won't do it... - Maya3 on Aug 4, 2015, 11:07 AM