Return to Index  

Hi Maggie...in our elementary school....m

August 6 2015 at 10:28 AM
Hope2009  (Login Hope2009)

Response to Silly me! Kindergarten supplies.

in Canada, we just pay a school supply fee...for Will in kindergarten last year it was around $50. dollars and that provided him with everything material wise he needed. This is a public funded school but it is rated as the best in our valley. The only other thing we have to pay throughout the year are for field trips...busing and the actual activity that they are attending.

We have a private school in our area where the fee is $10,000 a year...it is Christian based and I feel our kids have a better education at the public school...plus there is more time to spend on education rather than teaching religious beliefs.

Also,although we live in a more affluent part of town, if a parent is unable to pay the base school supply amount we have a fund that covers that for families who are struggling to pay education fees.

Can you believe that our babies are all in school or getting close to going? We made it through those tough early years...wouldn't it be cool if we as a board could stay together and connect as our kids continue to grow? My Will is so excited about grade 1...and my twins only have one more year until kindergaren for them...exciting times for sure.

Blessings from hope

Respond to this message   
Find more forums on Network54Create your own forum at Network54
 Copyright © 1999-2017 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement