Return to Index  

blog

August 17 2015 at 10:48 AM
De22  (Login De22)

Response to Wow . . . are there other troops she could join?

Was "French kids don't get ADHD" kind of like that book that was popular years ago called "French Women Don't get Fat". Ugh. There were lots of rebuttals to that one also (French women can and do gain weight). I cannot wait to read your blog (am posting this before I have had a chance to open that link), thanks for letting me know about it.

My friend's son was diagnosed with Oppositional Defiant Disorder. It is a day-to-day struggle for her. She has enrolled him in martial arts though, which has helped him somewhat. Other than that, he is on all kinds of medications.

As for another troop my daughter could join - probably not. The one this mom has formed is the only one in our immediate area. I will try to see if she could join a troop in a different school district, if that's even a possibility. I've also asked about her joining a brownie troop which is a level higher than the daisy troop she is supposed to be in this year. I wish I didn't have to jump through these hoops. Some parents are truly evil. My child is not bad and she has never hurt another child. She doesn't bully, tease or anything like that, she simply isn't capable of it. She is just very hyperactive.

One of these parents had a daughter that jumped on my back during one of our troop meetings when we were all sitting in a circle on the floor. This kid weighs about 35-40 pounds, and jumped on my back, and I was about 3 months pregnant at the time - with twins, and had placenta previa. Which is dangerous and I am just glad I did not miscarry, but I had to tell the child to stop because her mom wouldn't. This is one of the same moms who is cliqueing up now against me and my daughter. It just goes to show that many parents don't look at what their own kids are doing wrong, they just want to point the finger at other parents.

Respond to this message   
Find more forums on Network54Create your own forum at Network54
 Copyright © 1999-2017 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement