Return to Index  

I'm just so sorry. People (especially some moms) can be such *ssholes :(

August 18 2015 at 10:16 AM
Kenny  (Login Kenny2006)
Moderators

Response to Girl Scouts

My heart breaks for kids who are treated this way sad.gif. We are not there yet but I do see it in our future that older DD could be left out b/c of disruptive tendencies.

One thing that has helped my DD tremendously is giving her an outlet and focus for her energy, which has also helped her self-esteem and balance/ coordination, is gymnastics. If your DD hasn't tried that she might enjoy. (She is always running into things, tripping, falling over for no good reason, b/c she doesn't see what's in front of her.) My DD has been doing it for a couple of years now and particularly loves tumbling class. She spends about 90% of her time at home cartwheeling, round-off'ing, and hardstanding her way through our family room, just back and forth! It channels all of that energy in a way that seems to calm her a bit. If you can find any sort of thing like that DD might try, it could help? When my DD gets really angry, she goes to the basement and really lets loose with running cartwheels, etc, and gets some of that bad juju out!

GL, Dee, stay in touch on all of this - and know you are NOT ALONE! Hugs to you and DD - and I really would call GS National and get some help with this.
Kenny

Respond to this message   
Responses

1. gymnastics - De22 on Aug 18, 2015, 10:30 AM
    1. Re: gymnastics - Obie on Aug 18, 2015, 1:23 PM
      1. karate and gymnastics - De22 on Aug 20, 2015, 9:36 AM
    2. That's great about martial arts!! - Kenny on Aug 18, 2015, 2:04 PM

Find more forums on Network54Create your own forum at Network54
 Copyright © 1999-2017 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement