<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

DANGER: pea pod travel crib (death ment; very difficult to read)

March 30 2012 at 7:06 PM
BabyCotton  (Login BabyCotton)

I hate posting this, because it's so tragic but I couldn't forgive myself if any of you have this travel crib.

http://www.twiniversity.com/2012/urgent-news-5-month-old-infant-passes-away-in-peapod-travel-crib/

Respond to this message   
AuthorReply
Maggie in VA
(Login maggie1961)

Wow, someone on my local MoMs list . . . ETA

March 30 2012, 8:33 PM 

Just asked to borrow two of these. Will pass on. Maggie (in VA)

ETA: OK, when I looked at her message again, she was looking to borrow the Peapod Plus for older kids, so I doubt there's the same risk.

Respond to this message   
THK
(Login perthkitty)

jeepers thankyou for this

March 30 2012, 11:45 PM 

Hi Cotton,
I am very sorry to hear of the death of the little fellow in the peapod. It is a good warning to put here. (We are about to have these made and imported to here so in another context am extreemly glad you posted about this. I would NEVER forgive myself if something like that happened because of something I'd done or not done.), thanks, THK

Respond to this message   

ks
(Login ks1415)

So Sad!

March 31 2012, 6:09 AM 

And I was just looking at this on Wednesday! I thought what a better travel companion than the playpen! Thank you for sharing this !

ks

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Respond to this message   

(Login jentenn)

Oh, that is so sad

March 31 2012, 7:32 PM 

So sad, but thank you for getting the word out.

Lilypie Premature Baby tickers

Respond to this message   

(Login Maya3)

Ohmygoodness... my daughter slept in one of these at 7 months of age...

April 2 2012, 6:56 AM 

She didn't sleep well, I must say, as the "scratchy" sound of the plastic mattress always woke her. But it's frightening to think that what I put her in could have been so dangerous. We haven't used it since that time, but I still have it to use as a play tent.

This is truly sad. Thanks for posting.

Maya

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Third Birthday tickers

Respond to this message   
Current Topic - DANGER: pea pod travel crib (death ment; very difficult to read)
  << Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  
Create your own forum at Network54
 Copyright © 1999-2014 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement