<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

Washington Moms

April 5 2012 at 4:52 PM
Pinkduck  (Login duckfamily)

saw this on the CNN website about high rate of whooping cough in your area:

http://thechart.blogs.cnn.com/2012/04/04/washington-has-whooping-cough-epidemic/?hpt=he_c2

Respond to this message   
AuthorReply

(Login Raindrops1)

Thanks Pinkduck.

April 5 2012, 6:34 PM 

Yes, this is scary. Very serious for the lttle ones.

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Respond to this message   
Andrea
(Login AndreaMomma)

Raindrops - did you get a TDap? I guess all new moms should get it per my doc

April 5 2012, 9:00 PM 

I just had one. She was surprised it wasn't recommended when I was PG. King County isn't in an epidemic yet, but Snohomish County is! Not to far from you!

1st kids for us!
5th DE attempt
Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Respond to this message   

(Login jentenn)

Ugh, this was a hassle for me

April 6 2012, 7:17 AM 

DH had the shot while I was pg, but I was told I had to wait until delivery, and they would do it in the hospital before I was discharged. Well, somehow it didn't happen, and with J's premature arrival, I forgot all about it until after I was discharged. Called my OB's office, but they didn't have it. My GP was back home (a 2-hour drive), and although I asked the NICU nurses, they couldn't arrange for me to get one either. So I didn't get it until after we brought J home. It is important, though.

Lilypie Premature Baby tickers

Respond to this message   

(Login Raindrops1)

Had all my shots updated before I tried to get pregnant.

April 6 2012, 10:55 AM 

But just to be sure I need to call my clinic and verify one more time. I'll double check on DD and DH too but I think we are all good.

Now the next thing is convincing the relatives they all need shots too. sad.gif. Let's just say they think they don't need them. But whooping cough is highly contagious.

The family doctor scared the heck out of us yesterday warning us not to let baby boy be around any sick people at all for the next two months as a precaution. Poor little guy already has a little cold he either caught from DD or his baby nephew. The doctor is really strict and said baby boy should not be around anyone that is sick at all, even his sister.

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Respond to this message   

(Login jentenn)

We are keeping J away from crowds untill May

April 7 2012, 9:15 AM 

per the ped's advice. Of course, he was a preemie and is getting the Synagis for RSV. Knovk on wood, he's not been sick yet.

Lilypie Premature Baby tickers

Respond to this message   
Andrea
(Login AndreaMomma)

thanks PD - AJ, did you know about this? We grownups should get a Tdap

April 5 2012, 9:01 PM 

Snohomish county has lots of pertussis right now.

1st kids for us!
5th DE attempt
Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Respond to this message   
Current Topic - Washington Moms
  << Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  
Create your own forum at Network54
 Copyright © 1999-2014 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement