<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

if your clinics success is around 50% for FET

April 28 2012 at 6:30 PM
birdy1600  (Login birdy1600)

how many would you transfer? or does it depend on grade and stuff?
Also, my local clinic doesn't do LOTS of DE but does do great IVF, stats for the few FET's are not bad. Should i do this long distance once and then think of shipping the snowbabies?

Would it be more stressful to do that? can y'all tell the hormones are kickin in?

xo

This message has been edited by birdy1600 on Apr 28, 2012 6:33 PM

Respond to this message   
AuthorReply
demomone
(Login demomone)

i guess

April 29 2012, 5:02 AM 

I would transfer two..I had no luck with a SET three times..and had DD with a two embryo transfer.

I guess you have resolved the insurance issue? Please update on that for us.

Respond to this message   
Ann
(Login willbamom)

I am convinced it is a crap shoot (MC ment)

April 29 2012, 6:50 AM 

I transferred 2 and 3 embryos and never had success outside of 7 week MC. All others were chemicals and it was all due to implantation failure.

The last one was a single transfer and stuck. As long as you do not have underlying issues not treated, 2 should be good IMO. Good luck Birdy.

Respond to this message   

(Login Blessed_Thistle)

How many are they transferring to get that 50%? What % are multiples?

April 29 2012, 7:16 AM 

If they have to transfer an avg of 2.7 to get 50% and 20% are multiples then I'd transfer two, for example. But if they transfer an average of 1.8 and 35% are multiples, I'd think long and hard about doing eSET. How are your embies frozen?

[linked image]

Respond to this message   
Kacee
(Login Kacee56)

I don't think transferring your embryos to another clinic would

April 29 2012, 8:07 AM 

increase your chances. It is more about the freezing of those embryos and the process used.

Respond to this message   
Piper
(Login Piper1111)

Kacee is correct-

April 29 2012, 11:35 AM 

The quality of the embryos (besides the obvious physical qualities from both gamete providers) is inherent on the lab where they are created. The entire lab process and most importantly, how they were frozen.

The receiving clinic really does not have much to do with the process. They have to thaw them and transfer them--and there is not a whole lot to mess up with that.

Respond to this message   
PAH
(Login peaceathome)

Could you ship a few?

April 29 2012, 1:56 PM 

Hi Birdy,
How many blasts do you have? Do you know how many to a straw? You are an SDFC gal, correct? Did they have a recent drop in stats as they always show up pretty strong in the stats for FETs? I think they know what they are doing and have likely done a great job with your blasts. Perhaps you could ship one straw. A local FET sounds just dreamy to me. However I am thinking May is going to be a lucky month for you and one time is all it will take.

No advice on how many to transfer. That is such a tough question. PAH

Respond to this message   
Catmama
(Login CatMama75)

I guess you need to ask yourself... (twins, FET ment)

April 29 2012, 4:56 PM 

... could you manage twins at this point?

All numbers and percents aside, my RE says the bottom line is transferring more than one embryo does not necessarily increase your chances of getting pregnant; it only increases the chance of multiples.

On the other hand: we know, of course, single embryo transfers can sometimes split... making the prevention of twins truly impossible.

If twins would be a complete game-changer, go single.

Sorry I am not helping!

xo
cat

P.S. For what it's worth, I am doing an FET in May. We are strictly transferring one to minimize the risk of multiples. Been there, done that.

Respond to this message   
birdy1600
(Login birdy1600)

hi gals

April 29 2012, 8:11 PM 

well, the hormones are in full force. Did anyone have a different reaction to them the second time? I was better the first time. This time I am all weepy. But granted as you all know it has been a roller coaster these past months.

As for the insurance we are getting mixed messages all the time. so we are going for it either way.

I do love and trust my clinic, it is far away though. and I am just scared too.
Its hard because only a few people know we did this at all, and so hardly anyone knows we go to out of town for a REASON, or that I am on hormones or anything. The secrecy is hard. Last time I had a support group and a close circle of friends who knew what was going on. Since we moved, of course, no one here I have met knows or will know.

My clinic is top notch and does vitrification. I think I am just getting really scared.

Respond to this message   
birdy1600
(Login birdy1600)

PS thank you All for your advice

April 29 2012, 8:52 PM 

on insurance we are looking into it. we just don't get it. we are getting mixed messages.

I feel weary, and since this move. very alone. thank you all for helping me.

Respond to this message   
Current Topic - if your clinics success is around 50% for FET
  << Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  
Create your own forum at Network54
 Copyright © 1999-2014 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement