<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

Coxackie, Part II

June 14 2012 at 6:26 PM
LadyMagoo  (Login elseeG)

DD contracted it during week one of day care. Now DH and I have both come down with it. F...!!!!

Lilypie Maternity tickers

Respond to this message   
AuthorReply
Ann
(Login willbamom)

seriously?

June 14 2012, 6:33 PM 

I didn't know adults could get it. I am so afraid of DD getting anything so young. Hope you all feel better soon.

Respond to this message   
LadyMagoo
(Login elseeG)

Girl, I thought so too, but no,

June 14 2012, 6:42 PM 

Adults can get it too. A friend's son got it, was asymptomatic, and passed it on to his dad. We had started South Beach, with some quick success, but I'm allowing myself some ice cream tonight, before it all goes to hell in a handbasket.

Respond to this message   
minttea
(Login minttea)

Re: Girl, I thought so too, but no,

June 14 2012, 7:28 PM 

We just had it too. My dd caught it-she is 21 months old-I think maybe at our mommy & me class which is at a preschool. Lovely. It was narly. I had to call my brother and he came down to stay with us, because I started getting sick too and panicked. If I have a fever, how can I take care of my LO as I am single? We are better now but it sucks. Hugs. It seems to be going around. Ugh.

Respond to this message   
Lady Magoo
(Login elseeG)

Yes, it sucks, to put it mildly!

June 15 2012, 8:22 PM 

I'm glad you and DD are better now. This thing is awful! I'm glad your brother was able to help out. DD is better now. DH and I were hit last night, and DH got it much worse than I did. He just got out of bed now, at 11pm! Extra Strength Tylenol was enough for me, thankfully.

Well, stay healthy!

LM

Respond to this message   
Juile
(Login JuJules)

my nanny got it from my DD

June 14 2012, 7:59 PM 

DD had it in November, when she was 11 months old. Hers was mostly in the mouth which is unusual. Her nanny got it with sores all around the mouth. I feel for you. It was not fun for either DD or her nanny.

Respond to this message   
thesameboat
(Login thesameboat)

Oh, no!

June 14 2012, 10:04 PM 

I didn't realize this was possible, either! Hope you all have very mild cases that make you immune for life.

Respond to this message   
Jordee
(Login Jordee)

Seriously sucks

June 15 2012, 6:54 AM 

I got it a few years ago... miserable. Blisters between my fingers, toes, in my throat! The pedi told me we wouldn't get it, that probably we got it as kids but no go!

I think it took about 3-5 days to clear up. Feel better.

Baby Blessings,
Jordee

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Respond to this message   
Veesha
(Login Veesha)

Jordee, - BARGE

June 15 2012, 7:12 PM 

Hey, Jordee! I sent you a note about 2 weeks ago in response to your post following my dd's birth announcement. I am on the board so sporadically, but did not see you on here during the days following my post to you.

I don't know if it would be difficult for you to find it, but it basically thanked you and responded your request to post a pic of our dd ( I thought it was so sweet of you to ask - happy.gif).

Anyway, I hope you and the children are well.

Take care!

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Respond to this message   
Jordee
(Login Jordee)

Hi Veesha!

June 16 2012, 7:44 PM 

Thanks for your barge!! I must have missed your sweet note!!!! Thank you for it, I have found it and I really appreciate it. I have never posted pics of my guys either-- I totally get it. I do love it when other people do post though. happy.gif I have loved getting to know you on here and am glad that my posts have been helpful... I am not sure what makes one connect in cyberworld, but for some reason your story compelled me and touched me from the very start and I loved watching your pregnancy. I can just feel your little girl's amazing and sweet spirit-- and the joy you feel for her in your life.

How is it going? How are you doing? The first few months are sooooo hard, wonderful, and worth it, but hard!

Baby Blessings,
Jordee

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Respond to this message   

(Login ekb88)

I have it right now too

June 15 2012, 12:10 PM 

Caught it from DS, and it's kicking my ***. Had a 102 fever last night and laid in bed like a zombie. I'm very much hoping to skip the sores. If it follows DS's pattern, they'll show up tomorrow.

Everything I read said adults rarely get it, but that's not true here sad.gif. I'm just really hoping dh doesn't get it too. He slept in the basement last night to avoid my germs.

Respond to this message   

(Login ekb88)

And here come the sores

June 15 2012, 7:21 PM 

First ones just showed up tonight. These suckers kinda hurt sad.gif

Respond to this message   
Lady Magoo
(Login elseeG)

Mylanta and Benedryl

June 15 2012, 8:02 PM 

I read that coating the throat sores with equal parts Benadryl and Mylanta helps. DH developed the sores tonight, and this actually worked. He used a QTip to apply.

I feel for 'ya...

LM

Respond to this message   

(Login minttea)

Re: And here come the sores

June 15 2012, 8:33 PM 

Use painkillers-tylenol. For me, I had a sore throat and was really achy and tired for about 2 days, and I think I might have had a fever, but I had my brother who stayed over and helped out, and after a few days I started feeling better so it wasn't like my dd or as bad as I thought for myself. Nothing like my dd, who had blisters in her throat and couldn't eat for a week.

Respond to this message   
AngMc
(Login mcangtang)

oh no! McBaby joined DD

June 15 2012, 5:40 PM 

just diagnosed wtih hand/foot/mouth today at his 18 month check up. one spot on food, 102 fever on/off all week, coldsore on mouth but deep in his mouth bad throat are sores plus getting 4 teeth at once. lil man has NOT been himself with sleep and eating and suffered all week and we just found out only cause he had his appt! MD said it was mild but yep there. Ugh and daycare was closed this week so we paid anyway even though all 3 were home with DH. Not sure where he got it? daycare? shopping cart? amusement park we were at 2 weeks ago or the many parks since we now do a weeknight park/picnic once a week and a park on sat or sun. Hmm

Sorry to hear you are all sick! It is very hard and sooo frustrating! I so can relate and get mad for/with you. ugh! Just know it is not the daycare or your kid or you or whatever, it just is the fact for the beginning of daycare. We use purell like mad parents since our preemie nicu days and our daycare is very clean and my mother-in-law and nurse nanny are very very OCD! haha

Hang in there and take care!

Respond to this message   
Lady Magoo
(Login elseeG)

Thanks, Ang

June 15 2012, 8:14 PM 

I'm so sorry...this little bugger sure can kick one's arse, no?

And you are right, I know. This happens, either immediately, with day care or eventually. Either way...our kids are the stronger for it. They have to develop their little immune systems. Can't really keep them in glass houses, right?

Be well,
LM

Respond to this message   

(Login minttea)

Re: oh no! McBaby joined DD

June 15 2012, 8:28 PM 

We are better now, and it took about a week. I was really worried because she did not eat for a week, but she is eating fine now and all is well so there is light at the end of the tunnel. And don't get scared if they don't eat, because they will again. DD had milkshakes for the first time in her life-she would drink a little of that, yogurt, soft foods, ice cream. Not healthy but that is all she would get down at the time. I am sorry for all of us who are going through this. Hang in there!

Respond to this message   
Ariadne
(Login ariadne2)

And we're joining you, Ang, & others

June 16 2012, 12:33 PM 

Dh told me yesterday that it had been making its rounds through the little daycare ds #2 attends.

Sure enough. Fil took him for a swim lesson this morning & called to report he was hot, lethargic, & threw up.

The blisters are appearing now.

Ds #1 had it within his 1st year at daycare & I was going to post you when I had time to tell you not to beat yourself up. It's very common. Ds #1 was BF, the daycare was very small, etc. Doesn't matter.

And now here I am joining you with ds #2. happy.gif

I hope we all see improvement very soon. I'm sorry to read you & your dh got it, too. Dh & I did not with ds #1. We'll see how round 2 goes with ds #2. And fil shared a drink with ds #2. Sigh.

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Respond to this message   

(Login mcangtang)

Oh no

June 16 2012, 7:21 PM 

Whats going on? Too many of our lil ones, McBaby is about 5 days into fever and he's miserable

He did love love cool whip out of the freezer as I needed it for a peanut butter freezer pie for daddy day. He couldn't
Sign MORE fast enough.

Take care!

Respond to this message   

(Login elseeG)

I'm sorry to have so much company

June 16 2012, 3:21 PM 

This is miserable, as you well know. I appreciate your support. It sure does suck!!! And yes, I finally get that avoiding this thing is a total crapshoot. DH's physician told him there is an outbreak in our area.

After nearly a week of being cooped up, I went for a good walk on a local nature trail today. (DH is a whole lot worse off than I am.)

At the end of the day, though...I'm grateful to have such problems.

Hang in there, my sisters.

UGH!!!!!!!

Respond to this message   
Current Topic - Coxackie, Part II
  << Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  
Create your own forum at Network54
 Copyright © 1999-2014 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement