nt

June 27 2012 at 5:53 AM
BabsA  (Login BabsA)

This message has been edited by BabsA on Jan 31, 2013 7:11 PM

Respond to this message   
AuthorReply
baduteandeggs
(Login baduteandeggs)

We have the Britax Frontier 85 combination seats (m)

June 27 2012, 8:37 AM 

Like you, safety was my biggest concern (I had them RF until they were 3...) They could have stayed in their Boulevards a bit longer, but we were headed on a long road trip, and I thought, might as well, they'll probably be the last ones we ever buy.

They are a 5 point booster to 85 lbs. and the back can be taken off and used with a seat belt after that. Two cup holders have been great. Easier to wipe clean, than the Blvds, too.

HTH!

Lynnette

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Respond to this message   
BabsA
(Login BabsA)

nt

June 27 2012, 9:35 AM 

This message has been edited by BabsA on Jan 31, 2013 7:12 PM

Respond to this message   

(Login baduteandeggs)

No - still in the 5-point belt. They are about 42 and 50 lbs, now. (ETA m)

June 27 2012, 12:26 PM 

Not sure how old they'll be at 85 lbs. but they're staying put for now!

Looks like they would need to grow about 10 - 12" before I take the backs off. They are the SICT version with SIde Impact Cushion Technology.

http://www.britaxusa.com/car-seats/frontier-85-sict

HTH!

Lynnette

This message has been edited by baduteandeggs on Jun 27, 2012 12:35 PM
This message has been edited by baduteandeggs on Jun 27, 2012 12:34 PM

Respond to this message   
Ariadne
(Login ariadne2)

We have the same one as baduteandeggs for ds #1, who is 4.5

June 27 2012, 9:37 PM 

He'll be in it indefinitely.

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Respond to this message   
BabsA
(Login BabsA)

nt

June 28 2012, 5:02 AM 

This message has been edited by BabsA on Mar 9, 2013 6:21 PM

Respond to this message   
Gigigirltx
(Login Gigigirltx)

My husband hates it

June 28 2012, 7:47 PM 

My DS has outgrown his Britax Boulevard and the logical choice for safety for us after doing extensive research was the Britax Frontier 85.

My husband does not think Britax did a very good job with it, it is more difficult to install than the boulevard and the bottom of the seat cover keeps coming off which is annoying.

I called Britax to give them our feedback, but they did not seem to care.

We are sticking with it because my DS is very big for a 4 year old and we love the harness system, we just expected a better product from Britax because we are so happy with our Boulevard.

We travel ALOT, so there is a lot of movement with the car seat.

GL

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Respond to this message   
BabsA
(Login BabsA)

Hmm, interesting

June 29 2012, 4:49 AM 

Thanks for the insight. I read reviews online yesterday (not the hundreds on Amazon, but some of them) and people generally seemed to like it. But maybe I should try to find it in the store to check it out. I knew from the reviews some people had difficulty with installation but it would be a pain if the bottom of the seat cover comes off.

Respond to this message   
baduteandeggs
(Login baduteandeggs)

I can't speak to ease of install, since DH always did both (m)

June 29 2012, 5:31 AM 

But I can tell you they are in there, super firm. I can't wiggle them, at all. I asked him if he thought one was easier, and he said something about a strap instead of individual clasps, or something, but not really harder. (Greek to me) Also, it's much bigger than the Blvds, so, I guess that would make it more of a pain? DH didn't say so, though. The harness is much more secure and "clicky" than the Blvds, but maybe we should have replaced the clips long ago, or something, on those seats.

The cover loops have slipped off a few times, but I just feel around for the "hook," in that area and "rub around," with the fabric loop on my finger until it catches. A man size finger might be harder to use? The kids are getting better about climbing in without crinkling up the cover, so it hasn't happened in a while. Of course, that's what makes the cover removable without un-installing the whole seat, which I imagine will be helpful on vacation when someone decides to upchuck in their seat! (I have visions of mountain roads in Colorado...blech...) The top part of the seat back seems to be attached with velcro only, although, I haven't had to take it off since we got it in March. I hated disassembling the Blvds, hope it's not THAT bad!

If I had one complaint, it's cosmetic. Wish they had more than 3 colors. They're kind of ugly and stiff, compared to the beautiful, soft covers of other Britax seats, but at least the Onyx we have, won't show stains.

HTH! (I don't work for Britax, lol, I just like the seats...)

Lynnette

Respond to this message   
Current Topic - nt
  << Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  
Create your own forum at Network54
 Copyright © 1999-2014 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement