<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

Took a hard fall last night

June 16 2015 at 2:16 PM
Leigh  (Login leigh74)

I was walking to DS's room at about 3 am (something I've done a thousand times before) and a chair that is normally elsewhere was directly in my path. It was pitch black and I toppled over the chair (a toddler-sized chair) and slammed into the wood floor HARD. I think I landed squarely on my right hip, but I have a cut on my wrist, which is also quite swollen, and small scrapes on my knee and ankle. It's all a blur. No spotting (yet), but I was cramping a lot this morning, so I went in to be looked at. I'm 16 weeks and baby looks fine; however, I now have a fairly significant SCH.

I dealt with this my whole last pregnancy, but this time things had been going so well. The MFM was not overly concerned, but I'm terrified. Any words of wisdom? They just told me to take it easy for a couple days, but other than that, there was nothing specific they recommended.

Thanks,
Leigh

This message has been edited by leigh74 on Jun 16, 2015 2:17 PM

Respond to this message   
AuthorReply
birdy1600
(Login birdy1600)

so sorry!

June 16 2015, 5:10 PM 

falls are scary. I have had a few and not when I was pregnant though. some of it is the body adjusting to different balancing act. I was more clumsy. also I know you ache for a day or two. you did all you could and can do, you have gotten checked out and you are taking it easy

Respond to this message   
Leigh
(Login leigh74)

Thanks

June 18 2015, 7:29 AM 

I'd normally say it was due to changing center of gravity, but this one wasn't. Either my toddler or husband left a little chair directly in the path I take to walk to his room at night. I was half asleep and it was pitch black, so I didn't have a chance. Ugh. Anyway, I think I'm ok. Thank you!

Respond to this message   
Lauren
(Login LSinMI)

Ouch ugh

June 16 2015, 5:40 PM 

When I was about 30 weeks pregnant with my twins, my feet came out from under me and fell square onto my a$$ on the hardwood floor. Like you I was terrified. I also had complete placenta previa and fully expected to have a big bleed at the very least. (I was on pelvic rest even!). I called my Dr and he asked if I was bleeding. When I told him no, I wasn't he said I was fine and wasnt concerned. He told me to call him if I started to bleed.

So while it's super scary, you're probablybok... Although see a dr if you have any bleeding!

Respond to this message   
Leigh
(Login leigh74)

Yikes!

June 18 2015, 7:31 AM 

That sounds scary, Lauren! So glad everything was ok.

So far, so good here. I keep thinking I'm going to start spotting/bleeding, but nothing yet. Hopefully, it'll be ok.

Thanks for the words of reassurance.

Respond to this message   
sophie
(Login sophie6)

sorry!

June 17 2015, 8:35 AM 

That must have been very scary! At 16 weeks, a SCH is less of a concern than it would have been earlier. Did they tell you how big it was? I assume it's smaller than baby & sac, which is a positive sign. I recall that time of onset and size are the two most important factors in outcome. Hang in there and let us know how you are doing.

Respond to this message   
Leigh
(Login leigh74)

Thanks

June 18 2015, 7:27 AM 

Yes, it was big, but definitely smaller than the baby and sac. Thankfully, I still haven't had any bleeding, so I'm feeling a bit better about it today.

Thanks, Sophie.

Respond to this message   
Maggie in VA
(Login maggie1961)

Ouch! Know that must be scary!

June 17 2015, 7:39 PM 

I wouldn't worry too much if your doctor isn't worried. If babies miscarried as easily as they do on Downton Abbey, we'd need no abortion clinics at all. {{{Hugs}}} Maggie (in VA)

Respond to this message   
Leigh
(Login leigh74)

LOL

June 18 2015, 7:23 AM 

I have to admit, I thought of Downton after the fall. I know better, but I still thought about it. happy.gif

The MFM told me it would have to be a VERY bad fall, most likely with direct abdominal impact, to cause damage. Hopefully, everything will continue to go smoothly.

Thanks, Maggie

Respond to this message   

<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  
Find more forums on Network54Create your own forum at Network54
 Copyright © 1999-2017 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement