<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

subchorionic bleeding

June 20 2015 at 7:36 PM
gettingthere2  (Login gettingthere2)

I completed 15 weeks this Thursday and out of nowhere a red gush of blood showed up. We ran to ob and then to ER to find that I have a random SCH. My doctor is not very good in exactly sending positive vubes. He did tell us that it may go on its own or may not. I left the hospital very very upset. The twins are doing fine. I had another heavy round of brown bleed today- doc has asked to take it easy and just wait at this point as nothing much can be done except to hope that it goes away on its own. I am so upset and nervous at the same time. After 8 years of our struggle this is the farthest we have come and I can't believe that bad luck just wouldn't leave me alone...anyone go through this with a positive story?

Respond to this message   
AuthorReply
demomone
(Login demomone2)

Yes..had it

June 20 2015, 8:15 PM 

So sorry you are going through this and it is nerve racking and frightening.
After 10 years and 13 losses, I was doing fine until week 8 when I had a huge bleed. I rushed to the ER and was told not very positive things. I called my RE and she reassured me that this was common and that we would have to wait it out.
I did call my hematologist and she did stop the lovenox and baby aspirin until the bleeding stopped. I do have three clotting disorders and was not just treated with blood thinner prophylactically. The bleeding stopped after one week. I was on partial bedrest, stayed very hydrated and kept my feet up. No lifting, no bending. After that, I did fine for the remainder of the pregnancy. I was pregnant with a singleton. I understand from many of my friends who have had twins, that this is not uncommon and for some reason this is common with IVF babies.
I wish you the best of luck and think positively.

Respond to this message   
gettingthere2
(Login gettingthere2)

helps a lot

June 21 2015, 5:49 PM 

My OB did not ask me to stop baby aspirin, but I stopped taking it anyway. Glad to hear your story, I am just going to stay positive and let this go away.

Respond to this message   
green.elephant
(Login green.elephant)

yes - good outcome

June 20 2015, 9:59 PM 

I wish my RE had told me how common SCH's are with IVF pregnancies - I had one early on and it resolved and my little guy is 2 years old now. Most really do resolve on their own - I know it's not easy to relax, but likely that all will be ok happy.gif

Respond to this message   
gettingthere2
(Login gettingthere2)

Thanks

June 21 2015, 5:50 PM 

for responding green.elephant. Helps a lot to hear stories from others who have gone through this. So far the bleeding has not stopped but it has not been red, so I am hoping it's a regular healing process.

Respond to this message   
Butterfly
(Login butterfly1000)

Re: subchorionic bleeding

June 21 2015, 10:54 AM 

Yes, we wish that we knew how common SCH is in IVF babies. Ours was about 10 weeks and we were so frightened. However, she is also a 2 year old now.

gettingthere2 I do think that the fact that your second episode of bleeding was brown is a positive sign - that is old blood and it may just be left over from the initial bleed.

B

Respond to this message   
gettingthere2
(Login gettingthere2)

Thanks

June 21 2015, 5:52 PM 

for responding. Third round of bleed today was also brown, hoping this is all good. Just taking it easy, resting and keeping positive.

Respond to this message   
sophie
(Login sophie6)

had it, too

June 21 2015, 8:02 PM 

She is 7 now- scary but all went well. Two factors that determine outcome are time of onset (later is better, and yours is very late- they usually begin earlier in the first trimester). Size in relation to gestational sac is also a consideration. If the sac is larger than the SH, that's better. Also, brown blood is old blood, so that's good. Hopefully it will decrease in size and disappear soon!

I remember the anxiety- hang in there! This is very common!

Respond to this message   
Maggie in VA
(Login maggie1961)

Yes, although earlier. . .

June 22 2015, 2:11 PM 

I started bleeding, and I mean it looked and felt just like AF, at about 5 weeks. That is a really typical time for that to occur. I can understand how nerve racking it would be to have that kind of bleeding at 15 weeks. My RE put me on "pelvic rest" till the first trimester was over. I carried my twins to almost 38 weeks, and they had no NICU time. Hang in there! Maggie (in VA)

Respond to this message   
Mrs. M
(Login CAR67)

another success

June 22 2015, 4:19 PM 

I had one at 5 1/2 weeks with current pregnancy. Currently 29 weeks and all is well. I was on pelvic rest and no lifting u til 8 weeks. Hoping all goes well for you. It is so nerve racking.

Respond to this message   

<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  
Find more forums on Network54Create your own forum at Network54
 Copyright © 1999-2017 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement