<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

for those who used cloth diapers

July 21 2015 at 2:57 PM
De22  (Login De22)

I use a mix of disposable and cloth diapers.

I've noticed that the church nursery and our au pair are both resistant to using the cloth diapers and don't seem to approve of them for some reason. Then they proceed to use up lots of our disposables, changing them even when they are just slightly wet. I do not change diapers every 15 minutes because it uses up too many. (of course, if they've pooped the diaper gets changed right away). I am not sure if anyone else has ever been in the position of having to explain that you don't own a diaper factory.

As for the cloth diapers, one of my twins has a rash now so I am trying to keep her exclusively in a cloth diaper, but can't get much cooperation with this from anyone else who helps me with caretaking.

I am wondering what peoples issues are with not liking to change cloth diapers.

Respond to this message   
AuthorReply
Maggie in VA
(Login maggie1961)

Weeelllll . . .

July 22 2015, 9:39 AM 

When our nanny, who had originally encouraged us in using cloth diapers, had surgery and I had to put the twins in a home-based day care, there was no question of her being able to use cloth diapers. Then, when she came back, the nanny started doing passive-aggressive things to get us to stop using them -- as if she hadn't encouraged it!

Child care providers are one reason more people don't use cloth diapers. If they have to take care of multiple kiddos, they don't like having to keep track of whose are whose, and they don't like having to store the wet diapers or rinse out the poopy ones. There's really not that much you can do about it unless you pick a provider who is als oa big proponent of cloth diapering.

Take care,

Maggie (in VA)

Respond to this message   
De22
(Login De22)

Re: Weeelllll . . .

July 22 2015, 10:44 AM 

I have a special bag to put the wet diapers in.

Do many daycares have a diaper sprayer to rinse them out? At some point they may have to go in a drop-in daycare from time to time, so I am just curious if they use diaper sprayers.

I used to work as a nurse aide and changed many adult diapers and dealt with poop all the time. I got used to it. Believe me, its much more pleasant and easier to change a baby's diaper than an adult's diaper. With adult diapers, there is a lot more cleaning up to do.

Respond to this message   
BlessedThistle
(Login Blessed_Thistle)

I am pretty antagonistic toward them

July 23 2015, 7:52 AM 

but this is my memory of diapers, I haven't used the newer all in ones. Your hands got pee on them. You had to wash them out in the toilet when they had poo on them. You couldn't just throw them away and be done with them. I hope if I were caring for your children I would abide by your wishes but yeah, I hate them.
CafeMom Tickers

CafeMom Tickers

Respond to this message   
De22
(Login De22)

Re: I am pretty antagonistic toward them

July 23 2015, 11:22 AM 

I don't wash them out in the toilet (I hate toilets). And I don't have a diaper sprayer. So what I do at home, is take them out to the backyard and hose them down. They get very clean right away.

I know some people dip the diaper in the toilet, but that was just too gross for me.

Respond to this message   
Anonymous
(Login LSinMI)

Re: I am pretty antagonistic toward them

July 23 2015, 5:12 PM 

You spray poo in your back yard?

Respond to this message   
De22
(Login De22)

absolutely

July 23 2015, 8:23 PM 

now go away troll.

Respond to this message   
Lsinmi
(Login LSinMI)

Just a question

July 24 2015, 2:46 AM 

Harsh..

Respond to this message   
Lauren
(Login LSinMI)

Been meaning to share this

August 6 2015, 10:21 AM 

I wouldn't recommend that people leave human waste in their back yards. Not only is it unsanitary, it's also dangerous.

http://edugreen.teri.res.in/explore/solwaste/health.htm

Respond to this message   

<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  
Find more forums on Network54Create your own forum at Network54
 Copyright © 1999-2017 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement