<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

Time passes!!!!! Baby bird going to kindergarten! What do i buy?

July 27 2015 at 7:38 PM
birdy1600  (Login birdy1600)

Any of u remember desperate posts on hiw my husband should give me progesterone shots? Six years ago !

We have four seasons here and baby bird starts school in fall what do you buy in fall for your growing childs school year interms of clothes?

Respond to this message   
AuthorReply
De22
(Login De22)

clothes

July 28 2015, 11:43 AM 

1) Backpack
2) good pair of shoes for running/ PE class. Our child's school wanted her in athletic shoes every day. Make sure to get a pair with good soles on them.
3) pants and t-shirts.

Respond to this message   
Ariadne
(Login ariadne2)

Back-to-school shopping

July 28 2015, 7:26 PM 

I'm not sure if it's because I have boys, it's hot here when school starts & will be for months to come, or they outgrow things at other times of the year, but we don't do the traditional back-to-school shopping I did as a kid.

For K, we did (#1) & will do (#2) a new backpack & lunchbox. Beyond that, I just make sure they don't need anything new, like shoes. I end up having to get stuff throughout the year so they usually don't need anything. Shorts season here is roughly April through October, so any new shorts or sandals they needed were long since bought.

And so far, they have zero interest in clothes or shoes. happy.gif

Ds #1 is going into 2nd grade & he still has the same backpack he got for K. It's holding up & isn't babyish so....

Good luck & have fun!

Oh, & so far, we haven't needed to buy school supplies. I assume that varies by school & teacher, & will change when they're older.

This message has been edited by ariadne2 on Jul 28, 2015 7:30 PM

Respond to this message   
Maggie in VA
(Login maggie1961)

Only one thing to add . . .

July 29 2015, 6:55 AM 

My kids go to day care, which is functionally like preschool. They already have knapsacks, and their clothes will do as far as I know. I always make sure my boys have two pairs of sneakers, though, so that if one pair gets damaged or they do something like completely coat them in mud -- yes, this has actually happened -- then they have a spare pair to wear. And with money so tight, thank heaven there isn't a lot of stuff to buy for kindergarten. Good luck! Maggie (in VA)

Respond to this message   
Ariadne
(Login ariadne2)

I agree &

July 29 2015, 7:06 PM 

I was doing this until very recently. I got fed up with ds #2 refusing to wear anything but the same pair of shoes so now he has a pair of sandals & a pair of athletic shoes. If one gets wet or dirty, he has the other type. I was buying him two pairs of each for a back-up & finally lost my mind when he had a favorite pair of each & refused to ever wear the others. happy.gif A waste of money, although a boon for my two friends I pass their stuff on to.

I have friends with girls who have all this stuff they wear. Here? Not so much. LOL! Even ds #1, who for a long period was interested in looking nice, has changed his ways. So far, I can still get away with insisting - and I have to insist - that their shirts & shorts don't totally clash but that's the level we're currently at.

Respond to this message   
BlessedThistle
(Login Blessed_Thistle)

*faint* no school supplies?

July 29 2015, 7:45 AM 

We have a long list! I am almost done thank goodness. The things I am picky on (triangular Ticonderoga Laddie pencils etc) I bought a while back and other stuff I have grabbed as its gone on sale. But it is not cheap!
CafeMom Tickers

CafeMom Tickers

Respond to this message   
De22
(Login De22)

Re: *faint* no school supplies?

July 29 2015, 12:02 PM 

Our school gives us the option to pay for a package of school supplies that they purchase for us, so we don't have to go shopping for all that stuff. It is very convenient.

Respond to this message   
Ariadne
(Login ariadne2)

I know! I was surprised, too

July 29 2015, 7:00 PM 

Who knows how long it will last. Next month, each boy's school as a pre-first day function so I think that is where we will find out whether we need anything this year.

Respond to this message   
BlessedThistle
(Login Blessed_Thistle)

Look at the little shorts sets on Amazon. Shorts too.

July 29 2015, 7:37 AM 

I got Jonathan a bunch of shorts that retailed from $30-40 for about $6 each and some very cute Kids Headquarters sets for about 75% off too. It's a good time to buy boots too. I got him some Ralph Lauren and Ariat boots, both for about 75-80% off. And $100 rainboots (Ed Hardy, which may be passe but I do not care) for under $10. It's a good place in general to buy kids' shoes. Almost all ours come from there and we rarely pay over 70% off retail.
CafeMom Tickers

CafeMom Tickers

Respond to this message   
Maggie in VA
(Login maggie1961)

I'm glad you're still having luck there . . .

July 29 2015, 9:31 AM 

I used to go to Amazon for most of the kids' shoes, too. About 6-9 months ago, though most of the deep bargains on boys' shoes seemed to evaporate on Amazon, and prices seemed to go up substantially at other sites like 6PM and Shoebuy, too. This was especially hard with regard to my bigger twin who wears XW shoes. I posted about it on the local Moms of Multiples list, and other moms agreed at what I was seeing. They suggested I join a buy-sell-trade group. Take care, Maggie (in VA)

Respond to this message   
BlessedThistle
(Login Blessed_Thistle)

Um, yeah. there are slim pickins in XW!

July 29 2015, 9:53 AM 

Respond to this message   

<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  
Find more forums on Network54Create your own forum at Network54
 Copyright © 1999-2017 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement