Asia & Pacific Defence Forum
Help, Suggestions & Complaints

<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

Hellines ,Nato's best pilots!!!!

August 5 2011 at 9:11 PM
No score for this post

(Login panos1980)
Hellenic Hoplites (Greece)

The Captain (I) Luke Theoharopoulos and Charilaos Nick highlighted top pilots in the business school NATO TLP (Tactical Leadership Programme) in Spain, admitted and served honorary slides from minister of National Defence Panos Beglitis.

"We honor and make us proud. I thought it my duty, in collaboration with A / Air Force, Lieutenant General Mr. Klokoza apart from Honorable Mention to meet you and congratulate you. The Greek people feel proud when the primary Flying our primary when the Armed Forces. You have been accepted by all your colleagues, friends and allied countries and it is no coincidence that in Almpathet of Spain, you went first in everything. Congratulations Mr. Flight Lieutenant and a good career. Captain congratulations you and the Air Force.

We are in difficult economic circumstances, but nevertheless, the moral is vigorous, and I am delighted, as Minister of National Defence the fighting ability of the Armed Forces is extremely high. We must know and friends, and those who persist with threats to deny our sovereign rights.

You are the new generation of Flying fighters PA. Nothing is gained without effort and you work hard, under extremely difficult circumstances.

Despite the crisis, despite the depreciation of institutions, there is a vibrant and creative part of the Greek youth and Greek society that looks forward, that gives us hope, gives us optimism that contributes to the collective national confidence. This is extremely important in these difficult times. "

Good move by Panos Beglitis and correctly the words he spoke. We hope to have good and then the minister so far apart from some unlucky moments (statements on Turkey) generally do well ...

For the pilots what to say? The defencenet.gr, is the first highlighted their successes in the TLP and the turn of March and the recent series and we thank them for giving us this opportunity. It is a beacon for Greece ...

Department news defencenet.gr
http://www.defencenet.gr/defence/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=22463&Itemid=40

[linked image]
[linked image]

""Maniots, known for their martial qualities, were the first to join the Greek liberation movement. The society called the Filiki Eteria ("Company of Friends") sent their representatives Perrevos and Chrisospathis to organize the Maniots. On March 17, 1821, 12,000 Maniots gathered in the church of Taxiarchs (Archangels) of Areopoli and declared war against the Ottoman Empire. The flag of the revolution was white with a blue cross in the center. On top of the flag there was a sign, "Victory or death". The Maniots were responsible for writing "Victory" and not "Freedom" on their banner since Mani was always free. On the bottom of the flag lied an ancient inscription, "With the shield or on the shield."

This message has been edited by panos1980 on Aug 5, 2011 9:17 PM

Scoring disabled. You must be logged in to score posts.Respond to this message   
AuthorReply

WAFFer
(Login Gokturks)
The Conquerors (Turkey)

Re: Hellines ,Nato's best pilots!!!!

No score for this post
August 5 2011, 11:40 PM 

LOL

We want war. no more flowers, butterflies...

Donate Greece / Tel: 0888 88 6677
Web: www.donategreekpilots.com

Scoring disabled. You must be logged in to score posts.
WAFFer
(Login TOROS_2000)
The Conquerors (Turkey)

No score for this post
August 6 2011, 12:05 AM 

Lazy Greeks have plenty of time for bragging with no bases.

(Login thanamestolga)
Moderators

No score for this post
August 6 2011, 1:17 AM 

Pointless, so damn pointless!

--------------------
Hayatta "Üç" seyden nefret ederim. Recep Tayyip Erdogan.
Phantom Phorever!
[linked image]

Fuzuli
(Login Fuzuli)
The Conquerors (Turkey)

No score for this post
August 6 2011, 1:46 AM 

[linked image]

______________________________________________________________________________________________

[linked image]

Atam izindeyiz!

E7
(Login E7)
Elite WAFF Vet Club

No score for this post
August 6 2011, 1:52 AM 

Too bad they have no money...

----------------------------------------------

[linked image]

WAFFer
(Login 0dySSeaS)

No score for this post
August 6 2011, 3:50 AM 

hellenes are exceptional fighters. thats a fact

jealousy has no cure you b1tchez happy.gif

(Login thanamestolga)
Moderators

No score for this post
August 6 2011, 3:58 AM 

Nobody could question the fact that they have "exceptional fighters" as you put it but claiming to be the best? Nope.

--------------------
Phantom Phorever!
[linked image]

WAFFer
(Login 0dySSeaS)

No score for this post
August 6 2011, 4:05 AM 

argue with NATO on that

(Login thanamestolga)
Moderators

No score for this post
August 6 2011, 4:15 AM 

I don't see any official from NATO saying Greek pilots are the best pilots in the alliance.

--------------------
Phantom Phorever!
[linked image]

WAFFer
(Login 0dySSeaS)

No score for this post
August 6 2011, 4:23 AM 

"The Captain (I) Luke Theoharopoulos and Charilaos Nick highlighted top pilots in the business school NATO TLP (Tactical Leadership Programme)"

when it says "bussiness" it really means "operational", its a mistranslation of greek in google translate

Varangian
(Login varangian)

No score for this post
August 6 2011, 4:27 AM 

...maybe we should take a leaf (pun intended) out of the canadian badarse book of warfare...lol

Yep, those canucks sure know how to retreat.. money or not...Hahahaha

****************************************************************************************
If you can't dazzle them with brilliance, baffle them with ********

WAFFer
(Login 0dySSeaS)

No score for this post
August 6 2011, 4:27 AM 

http://www.star.gr/ellada_kosmos/102063/

in there it says they were top scores in Air to Air combat and SEAD missions

they were voted as "The Warrior of the TLP Course 2011-3" by the REST of their classmates

(Login thanamestolga)
Moderators

No score for this post
August 6 2011, 4:34 AM 

Okay this says they came at the top in TLP, but where it says they are the best in NATO is what I cannot figure out. For example which pilots of which squadrons of which Air Force were also involved? Did the Greeks and everybody else send the best they have to TLP? There are many questions to be answered, and the results of one program will definitely not convince people that Greek pilots are better than the pilots of their own countries.

--------------------
Phantom Phorever!
[linked image]

WAFFer
(Login 0dySSeaS)

No score for this post
August 6 2011, 4:45 AM 

yeah but it says something.. so you are welcome to figure out whatever you want. NATO says they are top, their classmates say they are top.. so wtf..

i got to catch a boat to hydra , there's a babe waiting for me there .. so [linked image]

(Login thanamestolga)
Moderators

No score for this post
August 6 2011, 4:51 AM 

Well enjoy your time with her but this TLP thing isn't over yet happy.gif

--------------------
Phantom Phorever!
[linked image]

WAFFer
(Login TitansRus)
WAFFer

No score for this post
August 6 2011, 6:49 AM 

Wow I knew it. We are probably on par with or better then Israeli pilots now. We are definately in the top 3 of the world (amongst Israel and USA).

Hellas? Hell YES!

[linked image]

WAFFer
(Login TOROS_2000)
The Conquerors (Turkey)

No score for this post
August 6 2011, 11:18 AM 

No practice, no space, no experience, no indicator and the fact that there is no chance for Greeks to be better than Turks in any matter. LOL! happy.gif

This message has been edited by TOROS_2000 on Aug 6, 2011 11:20 AM

Turka
(Login Turka)
The Conquerors (Turkey)

No score for this post
August 6 2011, 12:34 PM 

Lol...We will hear alot of this "Grikz best pilots!11!" in the upcoming years and we all know why. We will turn back to the years where the 300 Spartans analogy (lol) will be used to show the HAF is superior in their delusional world.

(Login panos1980)

No score for this post
August 6 2011, 12:58 PM 

"The Captain (I) Luke Theoharopoulos and Charilaos Nick highlighted top pilots in the business school NATO TLP (Tactical Leadership Programme) in Spain,"
---------------------
turks are humiliating themselfs
they deny everything even if it is nato excercises
of course nato countries sent one of the best from each country
turks really have psychological promblems
complex of inferiority.......all the way

[linked image]
[linked image]

""Maniots, known for their martial qualities, were the first to join the Greek liberation movement. The society called the Filiki Eteria ("Company of Friends") sent their representatives Perrevos and Chrisospathis to organize the Maniots. On March 17, 1821, 12,000 Maniots gathered in the church of Taxiarchs (Archangels) of Areopoli and declared war against the Ottoman Empire. The flag of the revolution was white with a blue cross in the center. On top of the flag there was a sign, "Victory or death". The Maniots were responsible for writing "Victory" and not "Freedom" on their banner since Mani was always free. On the bottom of the flag lied an ancient inscription, "With the shield or on the shield."

WAFFer
(Login TOROS_2000)
The Conquerors (Turkey)

No score for this post
August 6 2011, 4:32 PM 

^^Penis, you must be very proud of yourself indeed. Greek economic credibility is taught even in primary schools world wide.

(Login panos1980)

No score for this post
August 6 2011, 6:52 PM 

^^^^^what that has to do with the topic?...did i hit a nerve and try to insult me with a non topic issue?
the buttom line is that greek pilots once again show their value.....
where are the turkish pilots???

[linked image]
[linked image]

WAFFer
(Login TOROS_2000)
The Conquerors (Turkey)

No score for this post
August 6 2011, 9:29 PM 

"where are the turkish pilots???"

Over the Aegean Sea! Come out of the Corfù and look at the sky. LOL! happy.gif

Jagare
(Login Jagare)
Imperium Europeum (Europe)

No score for this post
August 6 2011, 10:12 PM 

AAAA AHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAA ! This oddy guy is killing me !!!!

DUDE, i dont know how many times ive asked you this, but here it goes again. Since you homo activity practicing Greeks are such a great fighters (YOU CANT BE SERIOUS), how many wars have you won since the ancient times ? HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA !

I CANT BELIVE YOU TAKE UP THIS SUBJECT ON YOUR OWN AND SHOOT YOUR SELF IN FOOT !

We turks know how great fighters you are.... yepp .. we wittnessed it during war of interpendence, during Cypres intervention and Kardak.... Yepp, you guys are really great ! Please ban this guy, i cant take it anymore ! HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHA

WAFFer
(Login Fantaros)
Elite WAFF Vet Club

No score for this post
August 6 2011, 11:21 PM 

coalde thinks that canada's airforce is the best thing since sliced bread and that our airforce is not good at all, in fact he said a few choice words about the TLP program, i guess he's got HAF envy fellas lol. That brings up a question, which airforce do you think is more powerful the HAF or the "mighty" canadian airforce? lol. You already know my answer and if you don't you should happy.gif

[linked image]

WAFFer
(Login Fantaros)
Elite WAFF Vet Club

No score for this post
August 6 2011, 11:42 PM 

ah coalde is here, I eagerly await his handicapped response happy.gif

[linked image]

WAFFer
(Login Fantaros)
Elite WAFF Vet Club

No score for this post
August 6 2011, 11:45 PM 

coalde said:

"Then why don't you enlighten the rest of WAFF as what "the situation with Spain" and "that LTP program" are by creating threads dedicated to them here on WAFF? By the way, I am guessing LTP stands for Long Term Prostitution, and it is the new primary funding method for the Greek military for next couple decades."

http://www.network54.com/Forum/211833/thread/1312586440/last-1312640967/The+WAFF+Military+Strength+Rankings+-+2011+pt.+2.

[linked image]

This message has been edited by Fantaros on Aug 6, 2011 11:49 PM

WAFFer
(Login Fantaros)
Elite WAFF Vet Club

No score for this post
August 6 2011, 11:52 PM 

Oh and btw¨
http://greece.greekreporter.com/2011/05/28/highest-distinction-for-3-ace-pilots-from-greece-the-best-pilots-of-nato/

| News Greek Ace Pilots Receive Highest NATO Honor
Posted on 28 May 2011 by Anastasia Miskedaki
The President of the Greek Republic, Karolos Papoulias gave his warmest congratulations last night to three pilots of the Greek Air Force. The pilots achieved the highest distinction between crews from nine countries in the school TLP (Tactical Leadership Program) of NATO in Spain.

The 3 experienced pilots were Captains Sotirios Stralis and Joseph Daskalomarkakis as well as the squadron leader Haralambos Eskioglou who was voted the best air combat trainer. Congratulations, gentlemen. You continue the great tradition of our Air Force and you have shown the high level of the education you receive. When I saw and read about it, I was impressed and I wanted to meet you personally. Its really impressive to be regarded the greatest pilots among so many qualified ones. Our small country has shown its finest and their skills, and this makes us very optimistic, said the first citizen of the country. He also added that today is a crucial day because of the measures taken by the government, but it shows that we can overcome the crisis if we rely on people and on skills like the ones you have shown.

From his part, the Air Force chief Air Marshal Basil Klokozas accompanying the flight officers, said: I am proud to be their leader and this is what we all say, that the main force multiplier of our Air Force are people like these three men, its airmen and technicians. These people are the ones who make our Air Force stand out in any participation and in any exercise at NATO level and in multinational exercises in which we take part in. We are proud to accept the congratulations and admiration of everyone.

[linked image]

WAFFer
(Login Thermopylai)

No score for this post
August 7 2011, 12:04 AM 

Wow I knew it. We are probably on par with or better then Israeli pilots now. We are definately in the top 3 of the world (amongst Israel and USA).

------------------------

dont get carried away re...

that Greece has excellent pilots is beyond doubt....but Israel and the US has one thing over us, actual combat experience recently....

sure the games over the aegean hones the skills of our pilots....but until your in an actual combat zone, with actual shots being traded and your *** on the line from multiple threats from above and below....your missing that last 10% factor.....

Still it is an awesome achievement and proves that regardless of the coks in the Greek parliament, there are Greeks every day who honour their nation and are prepared to put it all on the line for their nation....

Varangian
(Login varangian)

No score for this post
August 7 2011, 12:14 AM 

"Too bad they have no money..."

----

Mate, Canada is one of the wealthiest countries, rich in natural resources and with a 1.7 trillion economy.. you canucks spend 21 billion a year on national defence (compared to Greece's 6 billion) YET, little ole Greece maintains an airforce 3 times the size of Canada's with newer and better fighters and with a training program that produces the best pilots in NATO..

WTF, does Canada spend 21 billion on..  

****************************************************************************************

Varangian
(Login varangian)

No score for this post
August 7 2011, 12:21 AM 

Canadian fighter from "Beaver squadron"...lol

Flying-Beaver-13921.jpg

WAFFer
(Login Fantaros)
Elite WAFF Vet Club

No score for this post
August 7 2011, 12:28 AM 

"WTF, does Canada spend 21 billion on.. "

He doesn't understand such logic, he will tell you that it doesn't matter. As long as canada spends money that its airforce is better than ours. This has been his logic in the other threads too. He's nuts.

[linked image]

Varangian
(Login varangian)

No score for this post
August 7 2011, 12:32 AM 

^^ i suspect you're not far from the truth Fanta...lol

These Canuks must still be thawing out...lol

WAFFer
(Login Faheka)
The Conquerors (Turkey)

No score for this post
August 7 2011, 1:16 AM 

Tolga hit the nail on the head. Your foe at that tlp was a f4 pilot not the "tango-1 never dies" wolf squadron..

Its all a distraction from the failure that is Greece. (President touring the random units to killing former pm)..

E7
(Login E7)
Elite WAFF Vet Club

No score for this post
August 7 2011, 2:41 AM 

[...maybe we should take a leaf (pun intended) out of the canadian badarse book of warfare...lol

Yep, those canucks sure know how to retreat.. money or not...Hahahaha]

-Don't let the french who live here fool you. wink.gif

----------------------------------------------

[linked image]

xtanbul
(Login istanbul_since_1453)
The Conquerors (Turkey)

No score for this post
August 7 2011, 2:48 AM 

hellenes are exceptional fighters.

---

The majority of your existence was under foreign occupation.

---

Crusader defeat of Alp Arslan & Selahaddin. Date: 29 July 2011
[linked image]

Varangian
(Login varangian)

No score for this post
August 7 2011, 10:02 AM 

"Don't let the french who live here fool you. "

---

LOL, the Canadian army can learn a thing or two from the Quebecois.. serve the taliban POUTINE and watch how quickly you'll win the war...lol
     wink.gif

(Login coalde_one)

No score for this post
August 7 2011, 5:39 PM 

Well since Fantaros is busy running around misrepresenting and making up what I have actually said throughout every thread in WAFF, perhaps this little nugget I managed to grab (before he realized his mistake and edited it) should highlight the moral qualities of our dear little village idiot Fantaros...

"When we remember we are all mad, the mysteries disappear and life stands explained."
Mark Twain

This message has been edited by coalde_one on Aug 7, 2011 8:20 PM

WAFFer
(Login Fantaros)
Elite WAFF Vet Club

No score for this post
August 7 2011, 5:59 PM 

You denying what you said about LTP now ? lol, how desperate. I don't see how this snapshot negates what you have stated about that, let alone that it is not clear enough to read.

[linked image]

(Login coalde_one)

No score for this post
August 7 2011, 6:25 PM 

"You denying what you said about LTP now ?"

Nope...I am however denying that I ever said that RCAF is anything with respect to the HAF, or made any comment upon the quality of anything at the HAF. In fact I think everyone knows that raising funds for the Greek Armed Forces via prostitution would be a money losing venture, as no sane individual would ever pay money to sleep with Greek...

...and rest assured Fantaros we will be seeing a lot of that accidental post of yours...I just hope the authorities get to you before your niece is left in your care again.

"When we remember we are all mad, the mysteries disappear and life stands explained."
Mark Twain

This message has been edited by coalde_one on Aug 7, 2011 6:28 PM

JJ6
(Login JJ6)

No score for this post
August 7 2011, 6:30 PM 

fantaros you are sick. Better abandon WAFF for good.

J J 6 o'clock

[linked image]

WAFFer
(Login Fantaros)
Elite WAFF Vet Club

No score for this post
August 7 2011, 6:44 PM 

JJ6 you're a faggot, better go and get bent.

WAFFer
(Login Fantaros)
Elite WAFF Vet Club

No score for this post
August 7 2011, 6:47 PM 

"and rest assured Fantaros we will be seeing a lot of that accidental post of yours...I just hope the authorities get to you before your niece is left in your care again."

I hope you realize the seriousness of your personal slander coalde, especially in light of the fact that anything in that post is illegible. Making up these things is a very serious thing. I understand that you are desperate when it comes to me, but stating these kinds of things is very very sick.

WAFFer
(Login Turka)
The Conquerors (Turkey)

No score for this post
August 7 2011, 7:45 PM 

WTF. I just can't believe what I have just read, a pedo-forum frequenter just mistakenly posted his message at WAFF?

Sick.

WAFFer
(Login Fantaros)
Elite WAFF Vet Club

No score for this post
August 7 2011, 7:48 PM 

what does it say in that post turka?

" don't know"

yea thats what i thought.

[linked image]

This message has been edited by Fantaros on Aug 7, 2011 7:49 PM

WAFFer
(Login Turka)
The Conquerors (Turkey)

No score for this post
August 7 2011, 7:50 PM 

I can perfectly read the message. If that message is true, you should be put in jail for good.

WAFFer
(Login Fantaros)
Elite WAFF Vet Club

No score for this post
August 7 2011, 7:50 PM 

what does it say then, go ahead and post it.

[linked image]

JJ6
(Login JJ6)

No score for this post
August 7 2011, 8:06 PM 

I am in WAFF since 2003 and this forum was light, funny and a place to buzz each other, apart from the usual WAFFish. But recently, this forum hit record low. That is for me. I am out of here for good.

J J 6 o'clock

[linked image]

(Premier Login Faz1)
Forum Owner

No score for this post
August 7 2011, 8:10 PM 

JJ that screenshot is not something fantaros did...it is being addressed as we speak and won't happen again..if you still want to leave, fine but fantaros didn't write that and it was a poor attempt at a comeback..

Please work out any matters you have with warnings or bans with the Moderator responsible...only after this has not worked may you e-mail an Administrator for questions about bans or warnings...

World's Armed Forces Forum MikePapa1, Administrator, ASIA & PACIFIC and HISTORY & POLITICS
Element7, Administrator, MAIN FORUM and THE DEN
fariborz_57, Administrator, GREECE & TURKEY and EUROPE & MIDDLE-EAST

Do not e-mail the forum owner about bans...the final determination on bans rests with the administrators.
World's Armed Forces Forum

(Login JJ6)

No score for this post
August 7 2011, 8:13 PM 

If Fantaros didnt write this then that makes things even worst!!!!

You bet I am out of here. Lots of sick minds around.

J J 6 o'clock

[linked image]

(Premier Login Faz1)
Forum Owner

No score for this post
August 7 2011, 8:18 PM 

and many, far worse things were written on a constant basis back in 2002, 2003, 2004, etc...when we see it, we address it..but if you want to be a diva and drama queen and keep announcing that you are out of here while continuing to call attention for yourself, I will help you with your 'threat' to leave and make it happen..just don't be like so many other girls and come back under another log in while pretending to be some principled soldier who left and 'never came back.'

Please work out any matters you have with warnings or bans with the Moderator responsible...only after this has not worked may you e-mail an Administrator for questions about bans or warnings...

World's Armed Forces Forum MikePapa1, Administrator, ASIA & PACIFIC and HISTORY & POLITICS

Do not e-mail the forum owner about bans...the final determination on bans rests with the administrators.

(Premier Login Faz1)
Forum Owner

No score for this post
August 7 2011, 8:30 PM 

there, I deleted you..happy? (I see you are still here, logged in)..now go find a sewing and thimble forum..where you and two 90 year olds can have shockingly exciting stories on sewing blankets..

(Login coalde_one)

No score for this post
August 7 2011, 8:31 PM 

Oh put your panties back on JJ...I was just irritable this morning and did not appreciate Fantaros running around the forum spreading lies about what I had said and hadn't said.

Mark Twain

This message has been edited by Faz1 on Aug 8, 2011 6:17 AM

Turka
(Login Turka)
The Conquerors (Turkey)

No score for this post
August 7 2011, 11:32 PM 

This smells very fishy. So it was a joke? Couldn't find anything else to joke about? This was honestly the sickest post I have ever seen here at WAFF since 2002/2003. And I think that says alot. So disgusting.

(Login polyvios)

No score for this post
August 8 2011, 12:10 AM 

For those having questions you can read the following or just ask your pilots

Review: Greek participation in TLP 2011 at Albacete, Spain

Both the 340 and the 343 squadrons of the 115 Combat Wing were recently added to the Greek squadrons that worthily participate in NATO exercises and whose pilots excel among participant from other Air Forces, some of them even flying fourth-generation fighters.

The squadrons flying F-16 Block 52 + from Crete have recently participated in two training courses of the TLP 2011 in Albacete, Spain, where the Greeks pilots had triumphed not only in air-to-ground and air defense suppression missions, but also in air-to-air missions. They did not lose any fight, even against the Spanish and German Eurofighters!

The Mission of Tactical Leadership Programme is to increase the effectiveness of Allied Air Forces through development of leadership skills, mission planning, briefing, tactical air operations and debriefing skills and conceptual and doctrinal initiatives. This mission is achieved by working together on the following tasks:
-Training NATO Flying personnel in planning and executing Composite Air Operations (COMAO).
-Training NATO Flying and non-flying personnel in all matters related to COMAO.
-Introducing new NATO partners and PfP Nations to NATO Tactical Air Operations.
-Supporting various NATO bodies with Tactical Air expertise.

To achieve these complex tasks TLP undertakes flying courses, academic courses, conferences and external excursions. Missions include AI, OCA, Slow Mover Protection / Attack, TST, DEAD, No Flying Zone, CAS, PR and CSAR day and night.

2nd Flying Course 2011

From March 7 to April 1, 2011, the 340 squadron participated in the 2nd flying course for 2011s Tactical Leadership Programme (TLP), held at the airport in Albacete, Spain. For this purpose, four F-16 Blk52 + aircrafts where redeployed with six pilots and thirty four technicians.

In this course took part: Poland with F-16 Blk52 +, Denmark, with F-16 MLU, the U.S. with F-15E, Italy with EF-2000 Typhoon and PA-200 Tornado and France with Mirage 2000-5. The role of enemy aircraft (Red Air) undertook Switzerland with F-18 Hornet, France with Alpha Jet, Spain with EF-2000 Typhoon, U.S. F-15Es and two F-16s from the 340 squadron.

The officers of 340 squadron showing high professional level won the first place among participants on strike missions and had higher success rates on air-to-air engagements with zero casualties from enemy fire.

These are the pilots we should have in Libya to finish the job quickly. These words belong to a senior officer of the U.S. Air Force (USAF), who was left speechless by the success of 340 Squadron.

The results of Greek pilots and their aircrafts were more than impressive against the elite of Western pilots and fighters. In all missions Greek pilots excelled continuing the brilliant performance in exercises like the Red Flag.

3rd Flying Course 2011

From 2 to May 27, 2011 the 343 Squadron named Star participated in the 3rd Flying Course for 2011s Tactical Leadership Programme (TLP), held at the airport in Albacete, Spain. For this purpose four aircraft F-16 Blk52 + where redeployed from the 115 Combat Wing.

In this course took part: France with four Mirage 2000 and two Alpha Jets, Poland with four F-16s and four Mig-29s, Germany with two Eurofighters and two Tornado, the United Kingdom with two Hawk, Spain with two Eurofighters and Turkey with two F-4Es. Italy contributed two aircrafts, a propeller and an Electronic Warfare.

The officers of the 343 squadron demonstrating high professional level won the first place in the role of Air Superiority (Air to Air), while in enemy air defense missions (SEAD) they performed successfully and accurately firing Harm missiles and neutralizing all targets assigned to them in all operations that they took part.

Two pilots of the 343 squadron were voted by other participants, as the best Warriors of the Course (The Warrior of the TLP Course 2011-3).

The four Greek F-16 Block 52 + won all air to air engagements, but the most impressive accomplishment is that the 343 Squadron is specialized in SEAD missions, ie air defense suppression while the German, Spanish and French squadrons that were defeated are specialized in air-to-air missions!

Another thing that impressed participants from other countries is that Spanish and German Eurofighter Typhoons had no chance against the Greek F-16s, although theoretically they had better radar and made use of supersonic speed without using afterburner. As for the Turkish aircrafts they were instant kill!

These are demons, not pilots, said a Spanish colleague during the vote for the best pilots of the course. Even the Turks voted in favor, since they could not do otherwise.

Another striking feature: Greek pilots did not participate in all exercises, because of an accident that took place during the same period at Araxos Air Base in a similar aircraft. The event had to be investigated before allowing further operation for this type of aircraft.

Best pilot and «The Warrior of the TLP Course» was elected Lieutenant Charalambos Nikou, and second best pilot Captain Lukas Theoharopoulos. Third best pilot would also going to be a Greek participant, but for obvious reasons a Pole was elected.

Moreover, officer Nikos Kontopanos, technical member of the Greek team also received special distinction for his professionalism. On a Saturday afternoon he discovered leaking oil and fuel from a German Tornado and a Turkish F-4. He immediately informed the control of the TLP for direct actions, which included alerting the technicians of these aircrafts. However that Saturday, none technician from the German and Turkish mission was present, so officer Kontopanos, taking initiative, cleaned the liquid from the track and put undernearth the aircrafts collection boxes to contain the leaks. The officer received distinction from the commander of the TLP who expressed his congratulations to the Greek officer on his professionalism protecting the track from erosion.

Another member of the mission, a woman this time, officer Lina Maria, helped along with a Polish, the American technicians at the start of the exercise. The officer accepted the sincere thanks and congratulations of the U.S. team.

Meeting the President

These successes attracted the attention of President of the Republic Karolos Papoulias, who met at the Presidential Palace with the officers of the Air Force who achieved international recognition.

The President of the Republic welcomed the squadron Leader Charalambos Eskioglou, voted as the best trainer in 3 air combat training NATO exercises, Lieutenants Sotirios Stralis and Iosif Daskalomarkakis, who achieved the highest distinction among crew members from 9 countries in TLP. The flying officers of the Air Force were accompanied by Chief of Air Force Lieutenant General Vassilios Klokozas.

When I read about your achievements I was impressed and I wanted to meet you. Its really impressive to prevail among so many aviators and even over the pilots of the superpower. Small Greece has shown that possesses human material, skills, and this makes us optimistic. said Mr. Papoulias to the pilots.

Im proud to be their leader, Mr President, these people, airmen and technicians are the main force multiplier of our Air Force. They make our Air Force stand out in any participation in any NATO or multinational exercise, always earning congratulations and admiration. was the reply of the Chief of the Air Force.

Media attention

The resulting attention from the media was expected. However Greek pilots politely avoided cameras, microphones and reporters. With great difficulty a reporter managed to make some questions to first lieutenant Charalambos Nikou.

Q: Now being Best Warrior will you fly more comfortably in the Aegean?
A:

(Login polyvios)

No score for this post
August 8 2011, 12:11 AM 

Q: Now being Best Warrior will you fly more comfortably in the Aegean?
A: Alas if I did this fatal mistake.
Q: Are you a bit more modest than you should?
A: It is not a matter of modesty. Studying air accidents, you realize that most come from the overestimation of pilots skills.

In another interview in the Greek newspaper Thema Charalambos Eskioglou noted that being a pilot requires many sacrifices. He was also modest in his replies saying that he does not consider himself to be the best NATO pilot, not even the best Greek pilot. He added that he knows many other Greek colleagues more skillful than him and that the common characteristic is the high level of professionalism of all personnel of the HAF. Every time they have to show their skills they do so both in domestic exercises as well as in NATO exercises.

http://www.defencegreece.com/index.php/2011/07/review-greek-participation-in-tlp-2011-at-albacetespain/#

WAFFer
(Login Fantaros)
Elite WAFF Vet Club

No score for this post
August 8 2011, 12:25 AM 

"If Fantaros didnt write this then that makes things even worst!!!! "

Well, then maybe you shouldn't have been so quick to open your stupid fkin mouth , malaka!

"You bet I am out of here. Lots of sick minds around."

Get the fk out of here already then , so you can come back logging in under a new login like the little pussy you are, like the other pussies from the "old guard" have and the ones from spartan homosexuals forum. Not one single man among them.

[linked image]

(Premier Login Faz1)
Forum Owner

No score for this post
August 8 2011, 12:28 AM 

turka, what was in that screenshot? I am at waffmail@gmail.com

WAFFer
(Login 0dySSeaS)

No score for this post
August 8 2011, 5:56 AM 

Nice one polyvios! Case closed. I return to my duties

Current Topic - Hellines ,Nato's best pilots!!!!  Respond to this message   
  << Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  
WAFF recommends these sites

Indian Defence Analysis      [Definitive Lapse of Reason]